H22A
By mooze
#246408 :thumb: where u get it from..and what is the b16 4?
By Eg6H2D
mooze wrote::thumb: where u get it from..and what is the b16 4?

That B16A is not mines it came in the same order. Both motors arrived at the same time that's all.

Got the motor from JDM Engine Depot in Clifton Jersey.. Clean as fk. Valve cover has no chips. anywhere around the head has no previous leaks at all. no where around the coolant areas. Very Clean ill post more pics later.. The grinding starts on FRIDAY!!! =]

:thumb:
By bk_civiceg
#246875 nice nice!! :thumb: Good luck with the build!! I'm actually doing one myself too, it's a pretty long term project because I'm in school with no garage. Tell me how that bisimoto kits works out for ya. I'm planning on making my own since I know myself around a mill and lathe pretty well.

Can't wait to see some progress on this! Good luck
By mooze
#246919 ive already done bisi kit..works great
By jayEGR
#246977 lucky man that looks like alot of fun and alot to learn as you go wish i had a garage to do all that :thumb: good luck
By Eg6H2D
bk_civiceg wrote:nice nice!! :thumb: Good luck with the build!! I'm actually doing one myself too, it's a pretty long term project because I'm in school with no garage. Tell me how that bisimoto kits works out for ya. I'm planning on making my own since I know myself around a mill and lathe pretty well.

Can't wait to see some progress on this! Good luck

Yea i know. it's been taking longer for me due to funds but it's coming along a little here and there.

But yea about making your own. Be careful. Bisi Holds the Patent on the design and i believe idea with Evolution industries.. if it's on your own car. should be fine once u start to sell them then u gotta look out..

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#246997 Now all im thinking about is what kind of cams should i go for. Definately ima go with Bisi when i send him the head after this race season for port work and what not but for this season i want something better then stock for a decent price. Already going with SuperTech for the ValveSprings and retainers.. Ima do the RoskRacing Euro R modified manifold.

Does the Skunk2 manifol sit higher>? Does anyone know..

For CAMS for now im thinking Brian Crower Stage 2 All Motor.... $452 is a pretty Good price. =] when compared to Bisi 749, but of course it's Bisi we are talking about here your paying for the R& D on his end... =]

So what do you guys think?
By mooze
#247082 ive been debating cams 2....i was kinda staying away from crower as ive been reading mixed reviews....started looking into ferrera a little....havnt finished my research yet.

im going to the k20 rbc mani....big deal for me is getting rid of the gap with the hood and fender near the rear
By Eg6H2D
mooze wrote:ive been debating cams 2....i was kinda staying away from crower as ive been reading mixed reviews....started looking into ferrera a little....havnt finished my research yet.

im going to the k20 rbc mani....big deal for me is getting rid of the gap with the hood and fender near the rear

what do you mean getting rid of? I was thinkin of the RBC from Rosko also. but the Euro R yields a bit more top end.... The only thing is that hood tilt i have to do to clear the engine or manifold? On your car what hits the HOOD the valve cover or the intake manifold requiring you to tilt the hood?

The RBC does look sexy though, :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
mooze wrote:ive been debating cams 2....i was kinda staying away from crower as ive been reading mixed reviews....started looking into ferrera a little....havnt finished my research yet.

Ohh i gotcha i read it wrong u wana get rid of the Hood propp.. same here how much of a gap show me..
By mooze
#247183 gap is about an inch and change ..dont have any pix on hand and since im not around it at the moment i cant show......im missing it right now
By bk_civiceg
#247248 I read somewhere that Bisi changed the adapter plate from Aluminum to Steel. Is this true? I've been looking for 1/2" plate aluminum vs 1/2" steel and the price difference is unbelievable. They want about $100 more for the aluminum.
By mooze
#247270 its steel now
By Eg6H2D
#247354 Wow!! why???

but yea. here is another pic i snapped yesterday!

I start working on it on the 18th!! woop woop

:woot: :woot: :woot:
By mooze
#247386 damn i still wont be back to mine by then

and prob cuz its cheaper to produce