H22A
By Method
#212828 to make a long story short, i installed some lowering springs/shocks on all corners. once we were done, fired the car up, and these three CEL lights came on. knock sensor, ELD code and the VTEC code. ELD code has been there for awhile in the background. I haven't really found much info on what it does or how to remedy the CEL, it never stays on so i don't worry about it.

i know VTEC worked before we changed the springs so i don't know why the CEL came one. VTEC has always worked. I've tried clearing the codes, in the both ways that i know how, pulling the backup fuse and the ECU fuse. codes still came back. In the earlier days when this problem came up, when i turned off the car and turned it back on, the CEL would go away. recently it now stays on. i have replaced the knock sensor, and the wiring seems ok. i know i don't have an engine knock (90%) had a couple people listen and we don't hear any distinct knocking.

is it possible that my timing might cause this issue or if there all related? i hate driving with a CEL. what other things should i check?
By dawg316
#213059 not shure about the ELD but the vtec one can be caused by a couple things, make shure ur engine oil is topped up with the right oil weight. if not try cleaning the screen on ur vtec solenoid. as for the eld code i have no idea. what is the code # ?
By Method
#213077 oil is topped up, it is just above the first mark on the dip stick. i use castrol syntec oil. 10w-30. thats what the honda manual says to use. i plan to clean out the vtec solenoid, but i wanna get a new gasket before i take it off. the codes are 20 for the ELD, 21 for vtec and 23 for the knock sensor.
By mooze
#213620 sounds like a ecu or wiring issue. try swapping ecu and see if codes show up. u can use p06 or p28 to test. it will run just catch hell trying to idle