In Car Entertainment & Security
By GAS_Drawls
#6908900 My car stereo was recently stolen, and when it was removed the rear piece was broken in the process. I am not sure what its called, but its the part that is attached to the stereo and to the rear of the AC dial unit. I need help in identifying the part or any leads on where I can find a replacement.

Thank you!
Attachments
Honda_Dash_4.jpg
By EconoBox
#6908902 Unfortunately that piece is part of the dashboard itself. You should be fine without it. The AC control head is still held in by a couple screws upfront and with an aftermarket radios DIN bracket you shouldn't have any issues mounting another radio in either.

If it does bother you enough to replace it or if there is more damage removing the dash on an EG is surprisingly easy and you should be able to swap it out in an afternoon. I need to take mine out again soon... I should probably make a write up for this forum.
By GAS_Drawls
#6908906 Thank you for your response! Currently the AC unit is sticking out, the part where the rear screw attaches is the same area it was broken, so its not staying put. But what your saying that with the new stereo in it should help the AC unit stay in place?

Thanks!
By EconoBox
#6908907 It sounds like the center panel on the front of your dash is damaged as well. That part is replaceable. Do you have any more pictures of the damage? The AC control panel is held in by 3 screws. The one in the rear you have already shown broken and then two that are hard to see above where the radio would go. Those two hold it to the back of the center panel. I was saying if you still had those two screws missing the rear one isn't a big deal.