Post YOUR Sedan here
By EconoBox
#6908891 Well now that the car has been driving for some time I'm working through all the bugs. Trying to get the tune dialed in perfect for all the different temps we see here this time of year and to fix all the little issues you find with a 60 mile round trip each day in the car.

This little thing here has been my biggest drive ability/tuning issue. The stock TPS is normally a really reliable part, here at the dealership we've probably only every replaced 2 throttle bodies in the last 10 years for this failing. A couple weeks with polyurethane mounts and it was fried. Using Hondata's adjustable TPS scaling I was able to keep the car driving but the 0-30% throttle values were essentially non existent and it caused bucking on throttle let off conditions and made it impossible to figure out tip in values for tuning purposes. The TPS reading was always showing 30% cruising when it should have been showing something like 7-10%.

Stock TPS

Hondata correction values with the failed OEM sensor. Even with the corrected scaling the voltage output wasn't linear and the TPS value would jump from 1% to 30% if you even touched the pedal which was causing the drive ability/bucking issues.

I did a lot of reading and settled on the Acuity Instruments Hall Effect replacement TPS sensor.

I also bought their little calibration pigtail kit. This allowed me to use alligator clamps with my multimeter to accurately set the o% throttle reading at 0.45V

Hondata correction values after installing the Acuity TPS.

The car is a night and day difference. It drive's fantastic and is much more responsive. It also let me clean up my fuel maps and correct the throttle tip in tables.

And thanks to Acuity I get to add another interesting air freshener to the Civic. Their Doublecup air freshener gets to join my bottle of Awesome Sauce.

As much as I want to work on the cosmetics of this car I am focusing on the mechanical side first. Once this drive 100% I'll worry about making it look better. I still need new wheels and tires, an alignment, and to install my front and rear sway bars. I also do not know what size injectors I have. I'm guessing they are either Base RSX 270CC injectors or the Type S 310CC injectors since it came out of a Type S shell someone blew the motor up in. I've managed to work around not being certain and to get the AFRs in check but I'd like to know for sure so I've ordered RDX injectors so I'll be certain of what is on the car. Will post more updates when I do more work on the car. Just trying to enjoy driving it for the time being.
By EconoBox
#6908892 I forgot I also put my OEM cluster back together, still have to put it in. The JDM cluster is malfunctioning. I need to spend some time figuring out what is going on with the speedometer and the temp sensor. My speedometer gets to 80kmh and then it cuts out and falls back to zero at any speed above that. The temp sensor also shoots straight to "H" as soon as the car is over 100 degrees. Hondata is set to pop the check engine light at 210F to show overheating but it would still be nice to not be staring at the gauge showing OVERHEATING all the time. I also want to mess with some diode or weird thing the JDM cluster has in it. It makes the lighting very DIM compared to the USDM cluster and it also makes the cluster not controlled by the dimmer. I really like the white face cluster and I've gotten used to the KPH which I was worried about getting used to. So I'm looking forward to fixing it and keeping it in the car.
By EconoBox
#6908905 Long story short the car runs great. The K20a3 is healthy and works but its not enough for me. I picked up a K24a8 for $100 as a core exchange from work. It runs and doesn't knock but it has some issues with the VTC system that required disassembly and cleaning due to poor maintenance. Customer opted for a junkyard engine replacement.

Plan to get it torn down ASAP and figure out my plans from there. Idea in my head is "VTEC killer" setup using stock TSX parts I have laying around. TSX build will be getting updated soon as well I finally feel motivated to work on it again and have started pulling the drivetrain out to send off for work.

How to transport an engine home when you don't own a truck :woot:
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908909 How in the heck did I completely miss this build!!!!

Wow, this is awesome! Love that you did a k swap in a sedan, don't see it to often. Great color choice on the engine bay as well love it!

You will like the k24, defiantly a nice upgrade from a k20a3.
By EconoBox
#6908911 Thanks! Don't know how you missed it either. Seems like we are the only ones updating lately.

I'm really excited for the K24 swap. I went from the K20a2 in my old RSX Type-S to the '08 spec K24a2 and I loved it. This is just a cheap K24a8 and the plan is to use all my left overs from the TSX engine build for it so either VTEC killer with the TSX cams or the whole TSX head if I don't sell it to recoup some of the cost of buying the K20a2 head(for my TSX project) . I may spend a little money on some pistons and rods and possibly send it out to CSS for their support system in case I slap a turbo on in the future. I should have the engine bolted to an engine stand and disassembled this week.

From what I know it kept clogging up the VTEC solenoid and all the ports in the head with oil sludge. Just a cheap oil and/or poor maintenance issue. I'm hoping the crank and block are in good shape and then I can start ordering parts and slowly start assembling everything. I'll be sure to post pics as I get it taken apart.
By EconoBox
#6908926 Finally got some time to work on the Civic.

My new headlights and corner lights finally came in.

With a 55w HID kit and LED turn signal bulbs. These headlights have a nice light pattern even with the HIDs installed they aren't blinding oncoming traffic. I still want to retrofit some projectors but that will come later. These are the standard Spec-D head lights just without the standard black housing option most people get.

With LEDs in all of my brake lighting and now the turn signals as well I had the issue with the turn signals flashing too fast. This little electronic flasher relay solves that issue and just pops into the factory fuse box.

I also got my Mugen MF8 knock offs installed. Much nicer having 16 inch wheels with lower profile tires. They are really beat up from the previous owner but they were given to me in exchange for some wiring work on his Prelude and I desperately needed wheels that weren't bent.

And the last update for now... I finally installed all of the AC components.
After a quick lunch break run to the local you pull it I had everything needed and got it all hooked up.

To be honest I'm not thrilled with the fitment of the AC kit. The suction line basically sits under the passenger headlight and its a snug fit that I'm hoping wont lead to rubbing through the hose. I am working on seeing if its possible to bend things to shift it around a for a little bit nicer fit. I will really address making the AC kit fit nice when I pull the motor and trans again for the K24. It will be a lot easier to work on with everything out of the way.

And one last picture. Gotta get dinner home safe!

I also got new foglights and installed those so I could finally put the front bumper back on... and my hood cable snapped. I've got the new one on the way and hopefully I'll finally have the front end back together this weekend.
By BlcknPrplCoupe
#6908949 Dude this is an awesome build! I love the detailed how to's that you're including.
By EconoBox
#6909038 This car has been great to me over the time I've owned it but the neglect from previous owners has the chassis beyond being worth saving. The rust is into the inner structure and under all the glass and moldings. And the car being left outside in the Florida sun its whole life has led to everything being brittle in the interior.

So I've decided to pull all the new parts and transplant them to the Del Sol project. Will get that car running ASAP and allow me to finally put my focus back to my TSX build. I'll have one last post on this thread with some pics of the car coming apart. And plenty of stuff into the Del Sol thread.

I also moved to a new Honda dealership closer to my house. Decided to celebrate with a new daily driver. Now instead of driving over an hour each way I'm driving 15 minutes.

My new 2020 Civic Si Sedan. Really enjoying it so far.
Yes, I already messed with it... Put on the red "H" badges and a black out vinyl kit on the chrome trim over the windows. No crazy plans for this car. Probably just an intake, exhaust, and some Eibach lowering springs. Really want an exhaust its a bit to quiet for me and I need to eliminate the HDMI port exhaust tip.