Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EGCoupeKyleG
#6908626 Hey guys! I have a 1994 civic ex and the d16 that's in it right now is going bad. I'm pretty sure this isnt a popular swap but I just wanted to know if the wiring harness would be the same for the D16z6 and the D15B with vtec and if i needed to get a new PCM for the D15B? Thanks!
By teal_dx
#6908627 Are you referring to the JDM D15B (vtec)? That's a pretty common swap for a tired out D16z6, as the motors are similar in power. The D15B uses a P08 ecu, but some people use the d16z6 P28 ecu instead of P08 because P28's are everywhere. The fuel curves aren't exactly the same, so a chip and tune would be ideal to get the P28 perfect for the JDM D15B.

Or did you mean the US D15b7 from the dx/lx? That would be a step down and would require the correct ecu (P06) since it's non vtec and also has a very different fuel curve from the P28.
By EGCoupeKyleG
#6908649 So sorry about the late reply. I've been busy and forgot about my post! On the d15b, yes I'm talking about the JDM d15b with vtec. would the p08 ecu be a plug and play with my existing d16z6 harness? That's my main concern regarding the swap honestly.