Post YOUR Coupe here
By andyc
#275942 yeah, ill speak to chris... maybe get down and meet his dorset jap car club mates?
By Ecc0
#289354 Right been to long since I last updated this thread so gonna just bring you all up to speed.

My car is done and back on the road though still have loads of plan to get her looking better plus got some other toys that'll need to be fitted soon enough.

Here's a few pics for now but will get more up later with a bit more spec and build pics.

As she looks at the moment just after a wash and clay

Just before I dropped the motor in, this was 2 coats of colour and 3 coats of laquer all with rattle cans

After I got her all put back together
By Punksz6
#289374 Lookin Good! :thumb:
By Ecc0
Boods wrote:Your bay looks insane dude, Love it! Need to see this in the flesh sometime :)

Thanks. With japfest coming up you'll get to see it then if not have been meaning to visit my mate that is at uni in Bournemouth so could pop passed and say to you too
By Ecc0
#302287 Sending my head off to get skimmed, ported and polished this weekend, how much should I get skimmed as will be running NA till I have enough cash saved to get my tune done when I fit my turbo kit.
By 801ej1
#320283 hey man i got a question on your brake lines. are all of them braided and since they are u didnt have to bend anything, hust simply put them on or what
By Ecc0
801ej1 wrote:hey man i got a question on your brake lines. are all of them braided and since they are u didnt have to bend anything, hust simply put them on or what

High sorry for the late reply yes every line has been replaced with braided hoses and I decided which hose ends I want at what angles and had these bent by Hel when Ivor them made up.

The only difference I would have had the front hoses have a 90deg bend same as the rears to let them fit better.
By Ecc0
#321233 Been forever since being on here and haven't done a massive amount to my civic just a few choice bits like a snap off steering wheel boss and thanks to someone denting my wing I am now running a camo on the left front wing.

Bad news is I gave up my unit as we got robbed and lost over £3000 worth of tools so couldn't afford to run it.

Since then have got a new job and this is eating up loads of my time but am still working on my mates cars to help them out and have started buying more tools and now looking for a new unit do hoping to find something really soon as the Mrs hates all the car parts in the house lol.

Got my head skimmed and is fresh ready and waiting for my new GSR cams to arrive which I got for a right deal off a friend.

Am looking at half cages to so hoping so get one real soon hopefully similar to Grats. Will get some new pics up real soon
By couch_c
#321235 How long did it take you to strip the entire engine bay after engine removal? Looks like a real pain to put everything back together lol
By Ecc0
#321341 It doesn't actually take that long to strip everything out what takes the time is deciding where you want to put things and building brackets for things and extending wires where needed, plus then where I shaved my engine bay I needed to figure out which bolt holes to keep then weld fill and sand.

As for the most of this it was a on and off project it took me 2 years from buying the car to getting it back on the road, though now I know what I want and how to do it if I had enough free time I recon I could do it in 6 months.
By Ecc0
#6908040 Holy post revival, don't know if there are many still using the forum but I will be posting an update for Project Mushroom. I still have the civic and still dreaming of getting the turbo build finished, it's getting closer, I'll get pics up soon.