Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Zac
#357387 So last year I came across a cheap EG that needed a clutch so I bought it. A friend of mine also expressed interest in getting a cheap car that we could race so he went halfsies with me on the project.

Found a friend that was selling a complete rebuilt D16z6 so we bought it and swapped it in.

I started doing some cheap backyard body work to it, Need to order rear calipers because they are seized. Will also be doing new rotors all round as well. Oh and a new Muffler.

Prepare for almost a year photo dump!!

By Zac
#357388 Last pic is in my friend's new heated garage so we'll continue to wrench throughout the cold months when the funds start pouring in again.
By teal_dx
#357401 Nice find! How many miles does she have?

Hopefully the rear rust will stay away, but unless there's new metal under that bondo, it will be returning down the road.
By Zac
teal_dx wrote:Nice find! How many miles does she have?

Hopefully the rear rust will stay away, but unless there's new metal under that bondo, it will be returning down the road.

I got most of the rust off and treated it all with rust converter, as for the mileage I actually forget :?

Few updates though, got the brakes all sorted out, it runs well just need to grab a timing light to time it, idle is a little funky and it hates cold starts.

Also grabbed the bumpers and fenders to prep them for paint
By Zac
#358902 It's going to spend most of its time at the track and Rallycross circuit so no broken suspension look!

I would like a duck bill though :D
By Zac
#359023 **DISCLAIMER** BE AWARE THAT I AM DOING A HALF ASSED JOB AT PREPPING/PAINTING, THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR MY SKILL LEVEL THAT I AM CAPABLE OF DOING, JUST TRYING TO DO THINGS FAST AND VERY CHEAPLY**

Got a lot of work done this week so prepare for a photo dump! Debadged the hood and tailgate, got them primed up and painted black. Got the fenders and rear bumper painted as well. Got the body primed today and will tackle the roof when I have some more time.

By EconoBox
#359044 Looks like the Toyota/Lexus Blakc Cherry color. Which if it is looks fantastic on an EG hatch! Can't wait to see it done. I actually have a gallon of this paint in my garage that I was going to paint the hatch with and never got around to it before parting out the car.