Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Loaf31
#356348 My radio doesn't work, and the antenna looked so bulky and out of place. but, I plan on fixing my radio and still need the antenna, so I wont remove the whole thing.
This DIY will show you how to block off the antenna part, but still have access to it later.
Should only take 15 minutes at the most.

First, remove the old antenna plate. Unscrew the 2 screws and place them somewhere you wont lose them.

You will see that the silver piece is attached to one of the holes. Just pry it off with a screwdriver.
I believe this is the ground plate, so it might be a good idea to wrap it with electrical tape.

Slide the old antenna cover off. Keep the rubber part, you'll need it.

Old vs. New

Bend the silver piece back and slide the whole thing back into the hole.

Swap over the rubber part that you saved earlier

Re-install, and you're done!
By suspendedHatch
#356843 Thanks for using "lose" correctly instead of "loose". I wince every time people get that wrong in a DIY. It's more common that you might think.
My antenna mast was fuckered so I yanked it out. I'm going to have the hole shaved but I have the blank on there for the time being. I don't listen to the radio in my Civic, but in my Accord I installed an interior antenna on the windshield tucked out of view. Reception is the same if not better than the original antenna.