ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By J40987
#344889 Hi, I'm new to this forum. Been lurking mostly and reading up on some interesting posts on here. Anyhow, I finally bought a 3rd hand 92 dx hatch. Here in south east asia they're fitted with a motor called a ph12 when stock. I've been having some electrical problems lately and recently the light indicators on my dash don't light up anymore. When I put the keys into the on position I only get the check engine oil light. I used to get the Hand break light indicator and the battery indicator and they'd all go away after starting the car. Now only the check oil appears. I still get my signal light indicators and highbeam indicators when I activate them, but the rest are gone. Oh and my spedometer is busted too. Some timea it would read sometimes it wouldnt. And this one time it spun backwards to 220kph haha! It's mostly on 0 though.

Fuses seem ok. Any idea where to look?
By gtstripes
#344890 pull cluster out and check if the bulbs are ok?

sounds like you need to change your cluster lol should be able to get one cheap
By J40987
#345332 Swapped out the cluster for a new one. My rpm gauge seems to be working. Speedometer is still dead and the hand break light and battery still won't come on.
By lalo
#345346 Have you checked if the back up light fuse is good a similar thing just happened to me and I checked all the wiring, cleaned all the sensors, tried to replace the cluster and that fuse was the one that made a mess in my cluster.
By J40987
#345389 No I haven't! Was yours blown? I'll go take a look!
By lalo
J40987 wrote:No I haven't! Was yours blown? I'll go take a look!

Yes mine was blown once I changed it everything went back to normal
By silverEG8
#345406 Hi, as with the speedo, you might try checking out the vss (vehicle speed sensor)... your engine is a ph12, so your pinoy?

If you already swapped out the cluster with a new one, and the check battery light still won't come on, try checking the wiring.
By J40987
#345461 Update: checked the back up light fuse. It's still intact. Speed sensor looks fine. I'll go check more of the wiring.

Yup, I'm currently residing in the Philippines. That makes me a Filipino. The Ph12 would otherwise be a D12b1 more or less.

The lights actually stopped working while trying to start the car a month back. My high beam, turn signals and hazard seem to be working just fine. After changing the cluster the same lights weren't working. Probably a bad connection somewhere.
By silverEG8
#345467 Does the old cluster have the same PCB color as with th new one? If the old cluster has a brown PCB, you can't use a cluster that has a green PCB. ... Different wirings.