Post YOUR Hatchback here
By TrailerTrash
rootbeer_eg wrote:^^ may i ask why there is a air filter sticking out of your hood unless you have a smallblock under the hood?
but it is the ultimate cold air intake
and its not very usefull in the rain

it was bolted to the hood just for laughs :lol:
By teal_dx
#283269 So I've been thinking and I'm sad to say that this car is going to be for sale. :(
When I decided to begin building it in 2005, I was single, living in an apt, and had all the free time in the world. Now I'm married, have a house and property to keep up, and.... I'm going to be a dad next year :woot:

I built this car to be a weekend track toy that could still be driven on the street. However, the last time I auto-x'd this car was 2005 :( The car only needs a wastegate & tuning and some better suspension to be complete, but I've had a new wastegate sitting here for a year and have not even had time to work on it. And if I don't have time now, I definitely will not when I add a child to the mix.
All I have used the car for is my long work commute because it gets great MPG, the motor has never even seen vtec since being boosted in summer of 2009 due to the wastegate. I don't have the time to use it to its full potential. Plus it rides like very stiff and has no heat so I definitely won't be taking any family trips in it.
It looks nice parked in the garage but that's not really what I built it for. I hate to think that it's time for me to pass it on to someone who will get better use out of it and I'll get something with 4 doors - more family friendly.

I always thought I'd have this car forever but it's just not practical at this time. It has been 1/3 of my life lol as well as the inspiration for this website.
I'm losing $ and so much time & blood spent on the car, but it doesn't do me much good to hang on to those thoughts if I don't have time to do anything with the car anymore.

I'm not completely decided on what I will get yet... That's another thread topic :wink:
By DontHateonEG8
#283273 Congrats on being a soon-to-be dad, teal!!! (waiting for Chance to drop by and drop some daddy wisdom)

Sucks about the decision you got there though :(
i would keep it, but then again extra monies is nice
By teal_dx
#289610 The car is parked for winter right now. I'm not going to be selling until I know what my next car will be. If it's another civic or integra, I'll probably keep some parts from the hatch. Also I'd like to drive the hatch some in spring/summer before someone buys it. Finding a clean civic or integra up north is not easy :???:
By teal_dx
#301451 Over the weekend I gave the car some fresh synthetic & a tank of 92 octane and it's ready for some driving! Maybe later in the week I'll put insurance on. It was snowing out earlier today. :eh:
By dbrooks
#301452 If you didn't live so far away, I would probably buy it off you! Who needs carfax when you have Civic-EG? Hahaha
By ej0470114
#301681 y sell it?........ Just sell ur amazing build and stick a once again stock d series for the great milage ......... my fiancé and I have 2 girls together and I bought my first hatch back and joined this forum around the time the second one was born and 4 months later she was like "sell my 96 Camry and get me a hatch back too ...... So I did

Yea the riced out one was mine ........ Some might remeber this pic....... anyway we ride around anywhere and every where with our eg's and my oldest is 6 my youngest is 2 ....... with a 3rd girl on the way I had to sell one and I pulled the SOHC ZC from mine and swaped it into the green one (thanks to this forum ) and sold the d15b non vtec the green one had as a long block ........and the white hatch as a shell ...... with a 3rd kid on the way we've decided to get a Mazda 5 ...... my 2 cents enjoy it a little longer with a stock d till ur kid complains about the lack of room in the back :D
By teal_dx
#301696 My hatch is in no way a family car. It's been stripped/lightened of anything not needed for the car to be driven. No heat/air/sound deadening and you can't drive a car year round in OH without heat. Also it rides extremely stiff with the urethane bushings... It's a track car/weekend toy. I have not had time to race it since 2005 and I'm not going to undo all of the work I've done to it to put it back to stock. Might as well sell it to someone who can use it for what it was built to do - go fast - and get something I can drive daily. The $$ I make from selling will go toward a newer, safer 4-door most likely still in the Honda family. :wink:
By dbrooks
#302762 I just want to buy your hatch as is. Haha
By Punksz6
#303622 Man how I love them Starlights!! :D
By teal_dx
#310737 Image

Found a pic from last year when I had the Works on. I miss those wheels. The guy I sold them to is selling them again, must resist the urge to buy them back!!!
By jadeydrag0117
#332572 hey teal ??

did u sand inbetween primer and color coats ??? :???: