Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By mtinezz
#278230 Just wondering why ebay parts so bad (I here people saying its all junk) and what are some good, cheap alternative sites or companies that sell parts?
By poorman type-r
#278239 It's not that ebay parts are shitty. It's some of the companies that sell parts on them.
By teal_dx
#278249 A lot of it is cheap junk made in china but there's some decent stuff on there as well. Post what you were looking at. We have a lot of experienced shoppers here who can guide you in the right direction :thumb:
By d-mon
#278296 -mostly because they are made from inferior quality materiels, (cheaper)
-less steps in the machining (cheaper)
-poorly assembled (chinese human rights? cheaper)
-poor fitmant (see above)
poor copies of legitimate parts designed to fool ignorant americans that can't tell quality parts from complete crap.
some of the stuff is ok, but most is hit and miss
By mtinezz
#278319 Thanks a lot. Ill be posting my car soon:D
Picking up my civic this April SO pumped...but I dont wana blow it up. Ill post what Im looking at.
By EG {FIVE-500}
#278326 im a really big ebay whore thats my first stop even if i want to buy a coat hanger that shit can get addictive so il give you my input :lol:. with ebay it all depends on what ur buying e.g if your buying ball joint ,altenator, starter motor ect ect the majority of people go with o.e simply because it is strong and last longer but you get companies that sell these parts on ebay that are not o.e and is absoloute garbish and breaks within a few days,weeks,months so obviously people buy o.e which can last years so they dont have to rip their car apart every 2 seconds which can be a pain in the arse :lol: but i have a had some good results with cheap ebay parts its just trial and error with them really. aftermarket performance parts will generally be the same as the original supplier. i got my skunk 2 cams of ebay brand new for £30 less than the original supplier but exactly the same part. what people reffer to when talking about ebay junk is generally cheap imatation replica parts these are what u need to look out for and ask on the forum if people have any reviews on them before you waste your money. example you could come accross some coilovers they may look like skunk 2's the companys advert has told you they are the same but a 3rd of the price so you think yea ill buy them its a bargain. fit them to your car get 10 miles down the road and all four have gone pop. or it could be a good buy and they are a good replica thats why it's always a good idea to ask for other people's opinions. thats what i think any way :thumb:
By Gordongk
#278330 The companies that make their own original parts spend lots of money on research and development. The copy cats just steal the design without fully understanding how it all even works. An example is how Blox steals from Skunk2.
By 1ACarlos
#278332 I agree that EBAY parts are not all bad. I've bought plenty of stuff from EBAY with virtually no problems. I would do some homework on who your dealing with, feedback ratings say a lot and ask questions if you need to.
By EG {FIVE-500}
Gordongk wrote:The companies that make their own original parts spend lots of money on research and development. The copy cats just steal the design without fully understanding how it all even works. An example is how Blox steals from Skunk2.

i can understand what ur saying but i dont think blox steal from skunk 2. i think all major companies use each other as inspiration and each others ideas to make a great product. imo i think skunk 2 is overated anyway there products are great i use many my self but in reality these days a lot of people are buying there products for the spec list and not giving the sister products a chance and automatically bringin them down
By Gordongk
EG {FIVE-500} wrote: these days a lot of people are buying there products for the spec list and not giving the sister products a chance and automatically bringin them down

This is on point. Lots of people only want "the best" for their cars. If a part isn't considered "the best" then it will often just get shot down, even when it's a good product. This is usually the case when people compare turbochargers.
By Blazed_Eg
Gordongk wrote:The companies that make their own original parts spend lots of money on research and development. The copy cats just steal the design without fully understanding how it all even works. An example is how Blox steals from Skunk2.

Junk2 racing.

Overpriced.

My .02¢
By kingjmack
#284459 Some ebay parts are decent, some are junk. Post up what you are looking at so the civic-eg EbayDM (kinda like JDM LOL!)
peeps can let you know whats up.

Personally, I buy alot of stuff from ebay, Some of it name brand, some of it fake. Just depends on what it is.
By Sanri
#289060 I think you just shouldn't too much rely on cheap prices. If to be careful about choosing a seller, you won't be disappointed.
Last edited by Sanri on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Eg6H2D
Gordongk wrote:
EG {FIVE-500} wrote: these days a lot of people are buying there products for the spec list and not giving the sister products a chance and automatically bringin them down

This is on point. Lots of people only want "the best" for their cars. If a part isn't considered "the best" then it will often just get shot down, even when it's a good product. This is usually the case when people compare turbochargers.

Got it right on the money!. Remember eBay isnt a brand. Its a market place!!.