ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By turbosedan717
#206759 hey man the car looks amazing. and i've been following the tuck on my eg sedan all the way but i've hit a bit of a snag. i was wondering if there's any way to do a good tuck like this without removing the heater core? and if so where in the firewall should i run my wires?
By hooplin
#206805 hey teal another heater related question. My heater is gone can i remove the hose and plug them up. Or do i have to loop them?
By hatchie
#212419 hola quick questions por favor

- can you take out the heater core etc and run the wires through that hole
but still run a.c?

-you dont have windshield washers anymore do you?

-for a mild tuck can you just strip the harness to the headlights away from the drivers side and keep the plug ins sitting on the strut tower?

-when i tuck the passenger side headlight harness do i have to remove the fuse box and the battery, and anything i should be aware of as far as problems or key tips?

-oh and when you remove the cowel .... is there an easy way to pop the clips off..... i just dont wanna break my minty ones
By teal_dx
turbosedan717 wrote:hey man the car looks amazing. and i've been following the tuck on my eg sedan all the way but i've hit a bit of a snag. i was wondering if there's any way to do a good tuck like this without removing the heater core? and if so where in the firewall should i run my wires?

I have not seen this done. If it is possible, it would be extremely difficult because everything will be so compact behind the dash.
By teal_dx
hooplin wrote:hey teal another heater related question. My heater is gone can i remove the hose and plug them up. Or do i have to loop them?

You can block them or loop them :thumb:
By teal_dx
hatchie wrote:hola quick questions por favor

- can you take out the heater core etc and run the wires through that hole
but still run a.c?

-you dont have windshield washers anymore do you?

I'm not sure how the AC runs, my car didn't have it.

I don't have a wiper motor in the car right now, but I extended the harness for when I put it back in. Technically I don't think my car is street legal w/o wipers, even though I have rain-x.

-for a mild tuck can you just strip the harness to the headlights away from the drivers side and keep the plug ins sitting on the strut tower?

Absolutely :thumb: A lot of people do a partial tuck this way.

when i tuck the passenger side headlight harness do i have to remove the fuse box and the battery, and anything i should be aware of as far as problems or key tips?

I did mine as a full tuck, so I had to. I am unsure about partial tucks. Some members have done partial tucks on here but I cant recall about the battery or fuse box.

-oh and when you remove the cowel .... is there an easy way to pop the clips off..... i just dont wanna break my minty ones

Those clips are a bitch... I found that if I grabbed them with pliers and rotated them 90°, then they pop out easily.
By hatchie
#212499 ok sense you said you dont have wipers anymore......where u gunna put the resevior when you put it back in?? cuz now your batterys in the way
By turbosedan717
#214133 okay if anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated. so i have my chassis harness tucked and everything squared away. or so i thought. i hook up my battery and only my driver side electronics are working? i am completely lost by this because everything on the driver side works fine and NOTHING on the passenger side works. please help asap!
By littleman
#214145 teal, that tube with a red cap pointing 11 o'clock in the IM, ever tried rotating it so it points downwards so i can cut the hose going to booster shorter :?
By 93cxhb
#215908 ok hey guys so its been a along time since i,ve touched my harness and i have a question about the engine side of it.

so on the engine harness there is a section of it with a ton of yellow w/black wires. what is this to i know theres nothing that plugs into it so does it really need to be there? :?

also where is the best place to buy some of the mesh type loom that i see so often? i cant find it to save my life.
By AndyP
#220817 I have a question about the charcoal canister. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two lines going to it, one for the gas tank and one from the throttle body. After you remove the canister, can you just have the hose from the throttle body connect to the return to the tank??

It's been so long since I started this project I'm starting to forget what my engine is supposed to look like when I put it all back together lol :(
By AndyP
93cxhb wrote:ok hey guys so its been a along time since i,ve touched my harness and i have a question about the engine side of it.

so on the engine harness there is a section of it with a ton of yellow w/black wires. what is this to i know theres nothing that plugs into it so does it really need to be there? :?

also where is the best place to buy some of the mesh type loom that i see so often? i cant find it to save my life.

I don't know for sure but I always assumed the yellow wire block was a grounding block and one of the wires went off to a ground point somewhere....
By mysickeg6
#220852 very nice finished product :thumb:

im in the middle of doin my enigne harness tuck.. ive been folllowing the way you did your tuck.. but you didnt say what all wires you extended on the engine harness and wanted to double check what wires needed to be extented exactly