ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By HondaHoe187
#169444 hey do you take the plug out or do you leave it plugged in...cuz i did it with it plugged in and it sparked....wtf lol did i meass nething up?
By Classiccarsrule85
#169445 yea well did you have it resting on metal? or metal on metal or put it in while the car is oon? this would in turn spark because a current is going through it and id take the two wire plug out and isolate it so you dont spark....
By HondaHoe187
#169451 so take the plug out and put the wire in? and make sure its not touching ne metal? n do i want one wire going to both sockets? or two different wires?
By RSuave
#194541 I did it the first time and got a quick 1 for a new o2 sensor, now I replaced that and now when I try it the light just stays off until I take the wire out that diagnosed the light. Does that mean I need a new ECU?
By Eg6H2D
RSuave wrote:I did it the first time and got a quick 1 for a new o2 sensor, now I replaced that and now when I try it the light just stays off until I take the wire out that diagnosed the light. Does that mean I need a new ECU?

Yessir!!1
By Flatland_EG
DannyCraQ wrote:k i have two blue plugs that are seperate and i thought thats what it was

seems to be srs and summin else

BUMP!
New guy to the form. :)

No Pics but I found out what was what.
The three pin plug is the Data Link connector. (stay away from this one :thumbdown:)
The two pin is the Service check Connector. (this is the one to jumper :thumb: )

On mine the SRS light blinked, it takes a few seconds for it to start blinking so be patient.
Mine showed I was throwing a code 92.
By satin grey eg
#215104 ive tryed the paper clip an its nt wrking at all am i doing it rite? i put it in the two prong plug and nuthing happns at all so am i doing it wrong?

IM SO JDM MY BLOOD IS TYPE R!! :woot: :woot:
By Method
#215141 make sure your putting it in the right hole there's two holes, you might need abit of hair around it to find it. ;)
By satin grey eg
#215274 ok will it work with speaker wire better?? and do i have to touch it to a ground??

IM SO JDM MY BLOOD IS TYPE R!!!! :woot: :woot:
By pc.ciprian
#222775 guys at civic 1.3 d13b2 where can i find the diagnosis plug and what light pops out because i don`t have an check engine light. I searched near ECU but i didn`t find any free 2pin plug
By kapow
#228887 Can you please upload OBD2A codes, i'm using a newer ecu
By undeadone069
#257216 hey mine just keeps flashing repeated long flashes any ideas? and how can u reset the ecu?
By 92civic_vx
#257230 reset it by pulling the 7.5amp "back up" fuse under the hood for 15 sec. the long flashes are the code how many flashes are there?
By Flatland_EG
#270534 My car is throwing three codes. The one I'm a bit curious about is the first, It's simply one long flash then it goes on to the other codes, is this a 1 or 10?
I just want to be sure, there's quite big difference between an O2 sensor and an Intake Air Temp sensor. :)