Unfortunately, this is a risk of owning a Civic. All stolen vehicles should be posted here.
By SiWannabe
#164333 My 94 civic coupe was stolen today at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. I got extremely lucky, they popped the window out of the rubber and used some sort of tool to get the locked door open then took my stereo and some other valuables from my car BUT in order to do this, they broke my ignition and drove the car from the top of the parking garage to a lower parking lot where there was less traffic. They could have taken the whole car but for whatever reason they didn't. The police said its the first time a car has been recovered at the mall (theyre usually just stolen and stripped elsewhere). I'm posting this here however because as we were finishing up with the cop another report came over his radio that another civic had been broken into in the parking lot. It seems someone is targeting civics at the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH. It's just after christmas, there are huge sales and everyone is parking their cars for hours at the mall. Be careful! I'm looking into kill switches and other security features for my car now, and counting my blessings my car is not stripped in a junkyard right now :x
By 1updelsol
#167297 :x
i hate thieves
By chrono404
1updelsol wrote::x
i hate thieves

X2

Good tip. I never take my Modded Civics to the Mall or shopping centers. If I have to go to a Mall, I take my Super Stock Automatic Integra. :lol:
By Classiccarsrule85
i hate thieves

x2

n glad you got lucky and got your car back thats a very rare thing everytime i read something like this i want to do something something that would horribly divert theives from steeling my car and the things within i question owning a civic in a time like this but hopefully someday we will figure something out that would make civics invisible to theives fuck them theives exspecially car theives should get there own car stolen see how they like it...
By 1updelsol
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
i hate thieves

x2

car theives should get there own car stolen see how they like it...

all the parts would prolly be stolen anyways.. not bought with their hard earned money
By EJ1-danny
#167355 What kind of security system were you using ?? Alarm ? Steering wheel lock ? That's nuts man rockinham mall isn't to far from boston mass
By SiWannabe
EJ1-danny wrote:What kind of security system were you using ?? Alarm ? Steering wheel lock ? That's nuts man rockinham mall isn't to far from boston mass

sadly my car does not have any security features :thumbdown: but im going to install a kill switch for sure now! i just always thought i did not live in an area where my car would be stolen but i guess you can't ever be too careful...
By SiWannabe
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
i hate thieves

x2

n glad you got lucky and got your car back thats a very rare thing everytime i read something like this i want to do something something that would horribly divert theives from steeling my car and the things within i question owning a civic in a time like this but hopefully someday we will figure something out that would make civics invisible to theives fuck them theives exspecially car theives should get there own car stolen see how they like it...

thanks, i am so glad it was recovered. the cops said its very uncommon to be recovered intact, especially at the mall where it was stolen! they said the stolen cars usually turn up in a chop shop in lawrence, ma which isn't too far down the road from salem, nh. and i agree, i call vigilante justice on all car theives! :thumb: