Post YOUR Hatchback here
By BLaCkSiLo
#135092 looks good man :thumb: she is finally seeing the light of day..

i'm having the roughest time getting my intercooler piping on around my 3" DP, this weekend was the turbo weekend :woot:

how do you like your thermal R&D exhaust (you have that right?) i'm looking to run an exhaust now
By Chance
#135095 I love love love, love, love your hatch. Can't wait to see the number your pushin.. SOHC FTW!!!!!!! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#136489 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoY-OS49cQ

Got it to the dyno last night. I went to TI Dyno in ashtabula, OH. The owner Kevin and his hondata tuner Steve know their shit :thumb:

We didn't finish because of one thing after another... (wg arm adjusting, ended up removing the air filter, lost a coupler, double checked timing...)
the culprit ended up being the plugs. We re-gapped them and the car went from making a couple lbs of boost to instantly going up to 10 on the next run. But it was still losing power between 4k and 5k, so we think the problem is still the plugs. I'm getting colder plugs and going back soon. You can hear the turbo spool up and then stop and start to die off. But everything else is good so far :woot:
Last edited by teal_dx on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LaMbErT*
#136498 guttin when things dont go right but at least its fixable!

av missed so much with this build man really need to go over it all.

the car is soo clean man especaily that bay and all the right suspension !

The Legend....
By BLaCkSiLo
#136507 that sucks man, you can hear it drop off...i hope something goes somewhat smooth for me next week, you getting some NGK BKRE7's? i have some left over from my nitrous and gapped about .025, is that what they recommend?

i keep posting in here because you are somewhat mirroring what i'm doing at the same time...very interested! let us know how it goes..pretty discouraging huh :(
By 92egdxhatch
#136574 sounds really good so far, hks bov?
By joe
#136592 Turbo spool sounded INSANE in person... like the Ghost of Christmas Past was about to fly out of the downpipe :lol:

Sucks that he didn't diagnose the plugs till after 9pm. There's an Advance and Autozone within 10 minutes of the shop that would have carried those NGKs.
By Greasedmonkey
#136665 almost there!! Finally got the turbo on it!!
By 93hatcheg
#136816 haha this may be a stupid question but where do you get free CROME software?? :hehe: lol

and dont you have a DIY for installing the turbo on the z6 or were working one???
By ohDirka
#136817 music to my ears :thumb: So glad to see your hatch finally boosted. Nice work Brian.
By teal_dx
93hatcheg wrote:haha this may be a stupid question but where do you get free CROME software?? :hehe: lol

and dont you have a DIY for installing the turbo on the z6 or were working one???

I'm not sure, there used to be a website. I got an ecu w/ it already installed. ECU needs to be chipped to use the software. I'd google it up :thumb:
Crome is getting outdated anyways... it's okay for NA cars but not great for boosted cars. Neptune is free and supposed to be better. Then eCtune, hondata, aem are the big players.
Still working on that DIY... I have hundreds of pics, just gotta put it all together :thumb:
By teal_dx
#137392 So I put new plugs in today and what a world of difference!!!
It drives much better now. I tried driving to the gas station 3 times and the first time it blew a cap off of a vac nipple on the IM. The second 2 times it blew a coupler off. So it is definitely making more power and wants to keep going. I'm going to order a K&N and a 90° 2" to 2.5" elbow transition to replace the old one that keeps blowing off. Then finish up the tuning :woot:
I can't hear much turbo spool whine, just a loud as hell sucking sound followed by a loud BOV.
I can't wait to rip around the city in this thing
:twisted:
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote:I can't wait to rip around the country in this thing
:twisted:

I'm sure I'll hear about you racing one of my friends that live near you.