Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:Any more and I'm asking for trouble... Right now at full turn, I have about 1" between the front tire & fender. You slammed fools must have perfect roads in your state :headscratch:

Ah, I remember the roads back in Chicago.....a total mess. Out here, where the snow doesnt fall, the roads are pretty nice.

How many more miles you have left to put on?? 8)
By LaMbErT*
#12428 i think its missing a lip :)
By stefan
#12451 I love it man, always nice to hear how happy people are with their car after a decent upgrade or change on the car :)

The mudflaps look very good on it mate, really nice!!

teal_dx wrote:The tires on it now are 205/45/R16, a little big. they should be 205/40/R16

It should be 195-45-16 ;)
By fresh eh2*
teal_dx wrote:Any more and I'm asking for trouble... Right now at full turn, I have about 1" between the front tire & fender. You slammed fools must have perfect roads in your state :headscratch:

ahaha our roads are farrr i mean very far from perfect here in RI....my ek is slammed but its pretty low...my eg was pretty low too u just gotta look out for the pot holes and ride around them.
By ohDirka
fresh eh2* wrote:

ahaha our roads are farrr i mean very far from perfect here in RI....my ek is slammed but its pretty low...my eg was pretty low too u just gotta look out for the pot holes and ride around them.

dude theres no swerving to miss the pot holes in Ohio, plus they try to patch the road and it just makes it worse...Ohio hates low cars :evil: my buddy blew a hydraulic line in his car from bottoming out on the road
By teal_dx
#13593 Polished my HX rims: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2
pics with the HX rims on:

The first thing I noticed is that going from 205/45/16 to 195/60/14 is a much nicer ride over bumps. with the 16" wheels on, some bumps would send the back wheels in the air and my ass up from the driver seat! That has only happened once so far with the 14". The cornering is not as crisp with the 60 series sidewall, not to mention that the rims are 5.5" wide. So there's a little roll with the 195 width tire. But the sticky grip of the Azenis RT615 compensates. They stay glued to the road compared to the 5 year old Kumho 712's. Each set of wheels gives the car a different look, both of which I like. So I'll probably be changing shoes from time to time :hehe:
Last edited by teal_dx on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13598 teal get a lip please you need it
By teal_dx
#13617 lol exact same thing that AddictiveAllMotor said to me. I was looking for a stock Si/EX lip for cheap, or if I find a good deal on a CF one then I'll pick it up.

Right now getting the turbo installed is at the top of my list! :woot:

I'm going to be selling my condo ASAP and buying a house soon. Right now I have to drive over a rounded curb to enter my development. My civic scrapes sometimes leaving if I don't get the exit angle right. The Mustang exhaust scrapes almost every time when I enter :x

That's one reason I'm moving, the other is I'm getting married next year :o
If all goes well, the new crib will have a 3 car garage, or maybe some kind of building in the back that can be my work shop :woot:

a couple more pics wit the HX's

Last edited by teal_dx on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13618 sick that would be nice to have a big garage... those are my plans after im outa school next year with my degree in Honda :D ill be a certified tech and should make enough so i can get a place with a garage as well and finish my car hopefully
By LaMbErT*
#13667 niiice love the hx's nice pics too man!
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13726 teal if i sent you hx's would you polish them and how much would you want? :hehe:
By teal_dx
#13735 haha dude, I am never polishing HX's again. I'd guess I have 8+ hours into each rim.

Installed some suspension goodies:
Front Sway Bar:
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766

Rear Sway Bar:
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=888

ASR Subframe Brace:
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=956
Last edited by teal_dx on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13761 worth a shot hahah :lol:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote: I am never polishing HX's again.

Title worthy??? :lol:

FYI, I'm working on an OEM front lip for you. :wink:
By teal_dx
#15466 keeping this thread updated...

8)

Also... I finally weighed my EG :woot:
First of all, I'm not sure how accurate these truck scales are... I'm a little suspicious because I thought my car would be heavier then it is...

So it Weighed 2100 lbs exactly. But that was 5 mins after I has just topped off the tank. And I was in the car. And so were all of my tools.
so:
2100 lbs
- 160 lbs (me)
- 25 lbs (tools)
= 2015 lbs
- (what's a full tank of gas weigh?)

So I figure with the extra weight of the turbo & FMIC installed, I'll be right around my original goal of 2000 lbs :D

Here's everything for that. I forgot to put the 450cc injectors, resistor box, and walbro 255 LPH in the pic. So besides that, I have everything I can think of to install it with the exception of a couple vacuum lines.

another pic of the snail:
:eekdance:

The engine has 1000 miles now and runs perfect!