General exhaust discussion & questions
By T.EG6
#353977 Hey, anyone out there running a test pipe? any opinions ?

Im thinking of removing my cat...

Cheers
By teal_dx
#353987 Removing a good working cat is Usually a bad ides for your car (also illegal in most places).
The exception is on boosted motors or motors that will see high rpm most of their life. Your exhaust will get a ricey/raspy sound without a cat and smell bad. On most motors, you want a little amount of restriction for proper back pressure.
By iLLson
#353989 ^^ on the $$ ^^

If u must have something that is less restrictive, look into highflow cats.

Im not talking ab9ut the cheap ebay ones either.
Cheap "high flow" cats...tends to be just a resonator
By T.EG6
#353994 Thank you guys for the replys.

Yeah I have a high flow cat on my car right now. Car never passes etest anyway with the HFC so I was going to run a test pipe and whenever I need the test I swap in a stock cat...

I currently have a 4-1 DC headers and two resonators and a Greddy Evo2 muffler. So and my car has zero rasp, super deep note, I don't think my car is going to sound raspy if I get rid of the cat, correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't know I needed back pressure that's good to know... one of the other reasons I wanted to swap a test pipe in was because, don't judge me for this, but I've herd it makes your exhaust pop and shoot flames which I'm not going to lie is kinda kick ass and I lover it :thumb:

My car already pops quietly when I let off the gas so this might let the roar out some more.... but I don't know