General exhaust discussion & questions
By vince72310
#348615 deciding weather to get the buddy club spec 2 or 3 exhaust system for my 95 hatchback i mean they both look the same. whats different about them? Anybody have the spec 2 or spec 3 and tell me their opinions on them? I know the spec 2 is loud as hell and frankly i love loud lol thanks! call me a ricer idec :woot: :lol:
By RK72
#348617 I had the spec II in my hatch. Great exhaust (SOHC) sound n light. Prtty quiet when you put the silencer on.
The spec III was ab it too much of a "coffee can" for me

I'll post a pic as soon I figure how to lol[/img]
By Andygrray
#350486 Defo a spec 2 !

V tec goes bwaaaaah ! Haha
By EconoBox
#352054 The Buddy Club Spec II (2) is a straight pipe and the "muffler" section is just a polished slightly bigger tip than the rest of the exhaust. It has a resonator to help get rid of some raspy sounds but it definately makes VTEC go BWAAAAAAAAAA. I personally love this exhaust just be warned in my experience it is an attention getter. It looks like a racecar exhaust and sounds like one. I had this on my K24 RSX and on an H22 Eg sedan. This got me all my exhaust tickets :lol: and I still want to order another one for this EG hatch I'm driving now.

The Buddy Club Spec III (3) has an N1 style muffler and a resonator in the piping. This exhaust is much quieter than the spec II and has a throaty deep sound. It is still a straight through design so performance between the two exhaust should be very similar. I haven't personally owned this exhaust but I've heard it in person and I did like the sound, I heard it on a K swap eg so I can't testify to the sound on another motor.

And some images via quick google search...
Spec III

Spec II
By EconoBox
#352055 Also I forgot... both the Spec II and Spec III exhaust are slip fit with springs used to hold the sections of the exhaust together. Buddy Club does this on all the "Race spec" exhaust to save weight. I took my Spec II exhaust to a local speed shop and had V bands welded on it cost a couple hundred but got rid of exhaust fumes and rattles. I feel this is almost a must using either of these exhaust. On a budget you could use these clamps to seal up the exhaust a little better. The springs work great for race cars not street cars.

Something like these would work and most auto parts stores have them.
By vince72310
#352056 yeeah bro i have heard the Spec II before on a track EG w/b16 swap and i fell in love, i have the Buddy Club Pro Spec Muffler with stock piping and it has a deep growl to it, i really like how it sounds but yet again i love loud cars, i was gonna straight pipe it but keep the CAT we shall see, if you wanna hear it theres a link on my build thread :thumb: i think page 3 or 2 towards the bottom
By vince72310
#352071 i wanna keep the BC muffler but just put different piping, basically a straight pipe but keep the CAT so it can be louder, when i step on it, she does sound mean and thats what i like even though she isnt hahah
By EconoBox
#352100 If you want to get louder without getting raspy I'd swap over your stock cat for a high flow one that's the same size as your exhaust piping. Something like this http://store.kteller.com/vibrant/vibrant-exhaust-fabrication-high-flow-catalytic-converters/7013/i-36900.aspx.

Also a nicer open header will make a difference too. The new Skunk2 Aplha for the D series looks like a really nice piece. The B series alpha header has showed great results on the dyno hopefully the SOHC one is just as good.

There is no need to buy a full exhaust just to change to straight pipe. Any competent exhaust shop can cut out your resonator and replace it with a section of piping. I wouldn't do it though since it will make the car raspy with that muffler design.
By vince72310
#352114 hmm never really thought about changing the CAT out, ill look into that, sounds like a good idea, i love loud but not raspy rattle can loud lol and yeah ive seen those headers they are super nice on the B series, i might look into the Skunk2 ones once i get my d15b :thumb:
By iLLson
#352955 I had a spec3 on my 99 civic hb. Sounds very good.

It was just the axleback.

I still have it in my garage. I think it bolts onto eg hatches too...but i never tried.

Veeeeery lightweight. It is a titanium exhaust.

The whole catback felt like it weighed less than a oem muffler lol.