General exhaust discussion & questions
By jj_summers87
#344757 hey guys i am having a hard time deciding which muffler would be best for my hatch. details on the car: 95 hatch dx with b18c swap has ram air intake, 4-2-1 header and custom 2.25" piping. i dont want to be a anoying loud as this is my dd but still have a good tone when i get on the throttle. i also dont want a "can" muffler im not into that look. i was thinking about going with a magnaflow muffler and find a good looking tip but wanted some opinions. thanks guys.
By PirateEG
#344917 Currently looking for the same setup. As we speak actually.

I think the magnaflow is the best choice for performance and acceptable noise levels. Only issue I am running into is the length of the magnaflow mufflers. According to my measurements with my system, which already has different than stock pipes. The muffler with tips should be between 20-24 if not 20-23 inches long to look right coming out the back of the car.

currently looking at Magnaflow 11225
other sites might have better prices, eBay is 85ish. You get what you pay for with mufflers.
By PirateEG
#344918 84.47 is the price on ebay and on websites...

By jj_summers87
#344925 That is the same one i was looking at ill order it tomorow and let you know how it is thanks for the input
By CopyLifted
#344927 Yonaka full system is $240 and it sounds really good. Not too load, not raspy/farty. No rice. That's what i put on my '95 coupe with a b18b1 and i love it. I'll be getting the same system for my '98 coupe with a b18c1 hands down.

Check this out http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2701687

Catback installed

Resonator and b pipe sections

By PirateEG
#344931 Cool, I think I am going to pull the dick move and wait on my decision until I hear back from you. HAHA.

Only because there are so many options out there, and I am only looking into a new one because I am adding a resonator back into the system after a few failed DIY silencer mods. They worked great... until I did some redline runs and shot them out of the exhaust.

Planning on a test pipe, no emission is my county, add resonator and new none fart can muffler. previous owner who did the mods was a total ricer. Car is being dericed over time. I'm a poor returning college student.
By PirateEG
#344932 sorry didn't refresh in a while. Thanks for the post about the Yonaka, hear really good things about them. I am less interested in them tho, A. additional money over a few parts. B. already have a 2.25 set of pipes. C. eventually I will make a whole new exhaust when she is back to NOT being my DD... stupid Merc tracer!
By CopyLifted
PirateEG wrote:sorry didn't refresh in a while. Thanks for the post about the Yonaka, hear really good things about them. I am less interested in them tho, A. additional money over a few parts. B. already have a 2.25 set of pipes. C. eventually I will make a whole new exhaust when she is back to NOT being my DD... stupid Merc tracer!

I completely understand. i was in the same boat when I was looking for a catback. I already had a complete 2.5" exhaust on the car, but the can muffler had to go. really loud and embarrassing.

Did my research and settled on the Yonaka based on the reviews of it's sound, but they didn't just sell the catback. I bit the bullet and got it anyway. And I'm so glad I did. I then sold the old, loud exhaust that was in my civic for $100.

I'm going to do it again real soon. My '98 has a full 2.5" exhaust in it now, but again with the fart can! Going to repeat and recoup as I did before. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the b18c1. Especially when vtec cracks! Cause right now its so loud i avoid hitting vtec lol.
By CopyLifted
#344961 For some reason i can't edit my post. Anyway, forgot to mention that my '95 is my daily. I've driven it around 14,000 miles since installing the exhaust (and doing the swap) 8 months ago. it still sounds great.