General exhaust discussion & questions
By 94civicmtn
#353595 Hi all! I've found a d series header on Craigslist for 20$ and guy says it's not rusty or dented or anything and brand is unknown. my current exhaust is all stock. Will it be ok to get and install the header with that?? My motor is a d15b7. Thanks!
By FlopUrDonk
#353596 Don't waste your money.
By iLLson
#353597 For 20 bucks. Why not. I have a dc sport header on my stock exhaust piping.
I bought it ti clean up the look of the engine bay.

If u are looking for performance, dont expect any...
But for $20.00, cany really go wrong.
By 94civicmtn
#353599 That's the main reason I want it to make the engine bay look better. I'm not expecting any kind of power from a d15b7. This is my first honda build so I'm playing and learning lol
By 94civicmtn
#353600 might be a dumb question but I'm just double checking, I will need to buy a new gasket right?
By TrailerTrash
#353608 you might not. if the old one doesnt fall apart and seals back up it will be just fine to reuse.

ive been using the same gasket since i got my car almost 6 years ago and its been on manifolds and one header. and off and on several times with no problem
By iLLson
94civicmtn wrote:might be a dumb question but I'm just double checking, I will need to buy a new gasket right?

manifold to head = no
downpipe to exhaust = maybe..depending on collector size, you might need the donut
By 94civicmtn
#353645 Awesome, thanks for the input guys!
By alicec25
TrailerTrash wrote:you might not. if the old one doesnt fall apart and seals back up it will be just fine to reuse.

ive been using the same gasket since i got my car almost 6 years ago and its been on manifolds and one header mutuelles Entreprise. and off and on several times with no problem

When you buy joints, you have to buy used products. Good opportunity because the new ones are not reliable.