A place to discuss politics, the economy, foreign policy and whatever else is wrong in the world.

Moderators: Chance, evil-G-nius

By chrono404
I mean, there is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people who choose not to protect themselves. Why not let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way. Isn’t that reasonable? Non-gun owners require more police to protect them and this fee should go to paying for their defense.

This is very logical thinking. I like it.

I have always liked the idea of an armed people. its works well for the sweeds where everyone has a gun. It has one of the lowest crime rates there is.
By FG2_Andrew
#322214 I see it like this:

If EVERYONE has a gun, do you think robberies would happen as often as they do, car jackings, rape? Probably not. Because the asshats will know, "oh shit, if I fuck with that guy.. He will probably shove his pistol in my mouth. "

And for the idiots. Natural selection will surely eliminate them in due time.
By chrono404
EH2_andy wrote:I see it like this:

If EVERYONE has a gun, do you think robberies would happen as often as they do, car jackings, rape? Probably not. Because the asshats will know, "oh shit, if I fuck with that guy.. He will probably shove his pistol in my mouth. "

And for the idiots. Natural selection will surely eliminate them in due time.

x2
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Chance
EH2_andy wrote:And for the idiots. Natural selection will surely eliminate them in due time.

I agree with this^

but I'm not sure I agree with the bill. Let me ponder on it a bit.
By Apexracing
Chance wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:And for the idiots. Natural selection will surely eliminate them in due time.

I agree with this^

but I'm not sure I agree with the bill. Let me ponder on it a bit.

Thats the best thing andy has posted to date. But i disagree with the bill, i've been around guns since i was a kid. But i dont own any. Its a tool i have no use for really.
By HeikDiesel
#322378 A "tool" always has a time and a place for it. Just because you use a socket once a year do you take it out of your tool box?
By Apexracing
HeikDiesel wrote:A "tool" always has a time and a place for it. Just because you use a socket once a year do you take it out of your tool box?

Sockets i use frequently. A gun i would use once a year if that. I just dont have a use for one. If i had more land perhaps i'd shoot targets. But thats not the case.
By HeikDiesel
#322386 I carry everywhere that I'm able to. By use once a year I hope you don't mean to protect your life once a year. If so, you shouldn't even shower without a gun
By Apexracing
HeikDiesel wrote:I carry everywhere that I'm able to. By use once a year I hope you don't mean to protect your life once a year. If so, you shouldn't even shower without a gun

I have plenty of firearm expirence. From hunting, target shooting ect. But im at a place in my life right now where purchasing a firearm isnt practical. That doesnt mean i wouldnt consider it if i found a good deal on a 12 gauge or a 20 gauge.
By HeikDiesel
#322388 I think we are on two separate pages here.....
By nicksdelslow
#329264 I am the son of a police officer. I grew up with guns as wells s a healthy respect for them. I commonly have a handgun with me espically in matters of large amounts of money. Granted I'm from a small town so lifestyle is different but its expected that most ppl carry or have it in their car.

In kansas we have carry conceal laws and what's referred to as the Castle law. The idiots tend to think twice when there is a know law that covers home owners to protect them self and property, as well as a "no duty to retreat" clause. Someone is less likely to do something stupid when they know their targeted may be armed.

But I'm not a firearm expert like our Washington representatives cause I did not know that guns cause crime and kill people. I was under the impression people were responsible for their actions.
By eg84dr
nicksdelslow wrote:But I'm not a firearm expert like our Washington representatives cause I did not know that guns cause crime and kill people. I was under the impression people were responsible for their actions.

damn right! well said my friend
I carry my pistol in my truck or car or whatever im driving
I hope I never have to use it but if I do im ready
my town I bet atleast 60-70% of people have guns in their cars and everyone knows that. I believe if everyone has guns then crime would be down a lot.