A place to discuss politics, the economy, foreign policy and whatever else is wrong in the world.

Moderators: Chance, evil-G-nius

By YoTsi
But people that smoke marijuana, and i've met quite a few are just as careless with that as they are tobacco. And who is to say that big tobacco wont get ahold of it once its legal. Then you will have marijuana laced with all the dangerous chemicals that tobacco is. I guess it being a gateway drug is on a case by case, but its proven it leads to harder drug use in most cases. Were not talking alcohol or tobacco, but coke, and heroin ect.

wrong broski...i been smoking for around 12 years and i smoke maybe half a gram to a gram per week these days...its all about how mature the smoker is. oh and not to mention every smoker i have met in those 12 years have not once tried anything else except all things organic like shrooms and smoking banana peels(old army trick) oh and truffles :) i myself have had no interest in trying anything else but pot because its the same as getting drunk but minus the sick/tired feeling with the hangover the next day...and smoking cures hangovers like a miracle ;) that proven fact it leads to harder drugs crap is well...crap.
By Apexracing
YoTsi wrote:
But people that smoke marijuana, and i've met quite a few are just as careless with that as they are tobacco. And who is to say that big tobacco wont get ahold of it once its legal. Then you will have marijuana laced with all the dangerous chemicals that tobacco is. I guess it being a gateway drug is on a case by case, but its proven it leads to harder drug use in most cases. Were not talking alcohol or tobacco, but coke, and heroin ect.

wrong broski...i been smoking for around 12 years and i smoke maybe half a gram to a gram per week these days...its all about how mature the smoker is. oh and not to mention every smoker i have met in those 12 years have not once tried anything else except all things organic like shrooms and smoking banana peels(old army trick) oh and truffles :) i myself have had no interest in trying anything else but pot because its the same as getting drunk but minus the sick/tired feeling with the hangover the next day...and smoking cures hangovers like a miracle ;) that proven fact it leads to harder drugs crap is well...crap.

Its not crap, there are numbers to support it. Like i said not every one on here has run into it but some have.
By YoTsi
#320707 your talking about numbers on the internet that were written by the same people that lied about the effects of pot in order to get it outlawed? are you talking about those numbers? cuz...ive seen the studies first hand and ive lived it and seen and smoked with thousands of people all over the east coast and europe that feel the same way i do :hehe:
By FG2_Andrew
YoTsi wrote:your talking about numbers on the internet that were written by the same people that lied about the effects of pot in order to get it outlawed? are you talking about those numbers? cuz...ive seen the studies first hand and ive lived it and seen and smoked with thousands of people all over the east coast and europe that feel the same way i do :hehe:

so you've seen studies first hand from people who are trying to un-ban it? both studies are more than likely 1000000% biased. i honestly don't think there would be an issue with pot if people quit being fuckheads about it.

"man, i'm so high man." cool. no one gives a fuck. if you want to smoke it, smoke it and shut the fuck up about it. i promise, NO ONE is impressed that you smoke pot (except for other pot smokers i guess).
By YoTsi
so you've seen studies first hand from people who are trying to un-ban it? both studies are more than likely 1000000% biased. i honestly don't think there would be an issue with pot if people quit being fuckheads about it.

"man, i'm so high man." cool. no one gives a fuck. if you want to smoke it, smoke it and shut the fuck up about it. i promise, NO ONE is impressed that you smoke pot (except for other pot smokers i guess).

i never said anything about looking or searching for studies but i know from what ive seen internationally and i agree with you 100 percent about the studies being biased and i dont care about impressing anyone either xD i smoke on the weekends instead of getting drunk and if i get drunk i dont smoke until the next morning just to rid myself of the hangover. i dont even condone smoking just like i dont condone drinking or doing anything intoxicating for that matter. i just feel that if you wanna do what you wanna do your gonna do it regardless some people do need to wake up and stop smoking day in and day out its a recreational thing just like drinking but some people just cant handle it. and i dont think its a gateway drug at all because EVERYONE i have smoked with doesnt do anything but smoke or drink and many of them used to pop heavy dosed pills before they started smoking and stopped doing the harder drugs because pot was more enjoyable and less stressful. and im just amazed by people that still believe that D.A.R.E awarness bullcrap they learned in middle school xD makes me wonder if some people that had there parents tell them that kissing a girl can get her pregnant still believe THAT as well xD its a free nation (USA) and how can you be free if you cant even do what you want to your own body :P anyways im done on the topic and thats my opinion
By chrono404
Apexracing wrote:But people that smoke marijuana, and i've met quite a few are just as careless with that as they are tobacco. And who is to say that big tobacco wont get ahold of it once its legal. Then you will have marijuana laced with all the dangerous chemicals that tobacco is. I guess it being a gateway drug is on a case by case, but its proven it leads to harder drug use in most cases. Were not talking alcohol or tobacco, but coke, and heroin ect.

Why are you talking about alcohol or tobacco when talking about recreational drugs. They are legalized however its okay to not consider them a gateway to getting into harder things? If thats the case then marajania will be clear and free in a few weeks.

It will be very hard to find somone who smokes marajania that has not smoked a cigarette or drank alcohol sometime in their past. As mentioned prior in this thread what moves people to going to stronger drugs is not what they are on now. its they are either very bored in a poor income area or are trying to escape something.

Alot of studys on canabis and the effects it does on people will happen in 2013 more likely then not. Then we will be able to see alot more into what it does to you. I still believe its better for you then tabacco and alcohol.

The war on drugs has been very un successful and I hope it dies soon. However legal canabis is one good step. Hopefully the US will stop wasting its money on the BS called the war on drugs.

Also an intresting exprement on driving high done by the BBC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKjFiGFrcU
By Apexracing
chrono404 wrote:
Apexracing wrote:But people that smoke marijuana, and i've met quite a few are just as careless with that as they are tobacco. And who is to say that big tobacco wont get ahold of it once its legal. Then you will have marijuana laced with all the dangerous chemicals that tobacco is. I guess it being a gateway drug is on a case by case, but its proven it leads to harder drug use in most cases. Were not talking alcohol or tobacco, but coke, and heroin ect.

Why are you talking about alcohol or tobacco when talking about recreational drugs. They are legalized however its okay to not consider them a gateway to getting into harder things? If thats the case then marajania will be clear and free in a few weeks.

It will be very hard to find somone who smokes marajania that has not smoked a cigarette or drank alcohol sometime in their past. As mentioned prior in this thread what moves people to going to stronger drugs is not what they are on now. its they are either very bored in a poor income area or are trying to escape something.

Alot of studys on canabis and the effects it does on people will happen in 2013 more likely then not. Then we will be able to see alot more into what it does to you. I still believe its better for you then tabacco and alcohol.

The war on drugs has been very un successful and I hope it dies soon. However legal canabis is one good step. Hopefully the US will stop wasting its money on the BS called the war on drugs.

Also an intresting exprement on driving high done by the BBC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKjFiGFrcU

No Brian i mean alcohol and tobacco are more common. I'd like to see tobacco made illegal too but now i'm just dreaming. I'll probably end up moving if its legalized in my state. That shits nasty and i dont want my family around it. If someone gets my baby girl into that shit when she gets older, i'll beat a kid half to death. Just saying :thumb: I'll stay out of this thread from now on. I have my feelings and my reasons to be against this, so with that said. Later fellas.
By YoTsi
#320984 and for you guys talking about it being a gateway drug you can skip to 16min24sec on the video but you can just watch it from the beginning also :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFJYxCx ... ture=share

and dont bash the video when you only watch 1 min of it xD just watch it and comment what you think and let us know if you still believe that crap you learned in D.A.R.E in middle school xD