A place to discuss politics, the economy, foreign policy and whatever else is wrong in the world.

Moderators: Chance, evil-G-nius

By teal_dx
#319413 What are your thoughts on this? If you're outside the US, please chime in as well. I'm curious how the rest of the world feels about Obama's win over Romney (if they care at all).
By bigJOE671
teal_dx wrote:What are your thoughts on this? If you're outside the US, please chime in as well. I'm curious how the rest of the world feels about Obama's win over Romney (if they care at all).

One of the things I remember is that when the whole military wasn't going to get paid at all due to budget with President Obama.
By evil-G-nius
#319430 ^^^Completely false statement. I am cool with it, at the very least we know where Obama stands and as I have said before I think he truly has the country's best interest at heart. Unlike Romney and his Mittsterious plans that NEVER materialized into anything tangible or even based on some sort of fact. I really feel better knowing we don't have a spoiled pathological liar in the oval office
By Apexracing
#319433 I feel relieved, obama may not be whats best for the country but he has the tools to get things on the right track going forward. Congress better get its act together or the pres just might fire them all.
By evil-G-nius
#319438 ^^ yeah, all the blocking and crybaby bullshit they pulled last term will make them look even dumber this go round. If they dont perform they wont have a leg to stand on for the next election. THey will have to explain why things that are needed werent passed all because they wanted to take their ball home because they werent picked for the game. Assholes
By FG2_Andrew
#319441 I think the MAIN issue with Obama being "voted" in another term is he is blinding everyone with gay marriage, women's health, obamacare. When the real issue needs to be: how are we going to get out of this debt-filled shit hole we are in?

I'm not for Mitt.
I'm not for Obama.
But I am for a better America.

All the other bullshit needs put aside because its just not important right now. The focus should ONLY be on energy and debt. And maybe getting rid of our BS handout programs we have. So, until someone is in office that has the balls to say fuck you. We are poor. Lets fix that. I do not support Obama and his administration (or any of the rest of the government drones).
By evil-G-nius
EH2_andy wrote:I think the MAIN issue with Obama being "voted" in another term is he is blinding everyone with gay marriage, women's health, obamacare. When the real issue needs to be: how are we going to get out of this debt-filled shit hole we are in?

I think some of this though, is the other side making a big deal over it. Obama voiced his opinion on these issues and then they ran at him for it which in turn, makes it seem like he is skirting the issue of the debt. In reality, the economy is a major issue that Obama needs to address and I think he has been and will continue to. Stuff doesnt change over night, its not like you flip a switch and policies in place start changing things. The funny thing is that the exit polls showed that an overwhelming percentage (don't remember the exact number...over 70%) blame Bush for the shit we are in now which of course didn't help Romney at all. Not that I am complaining, I don't think he was mentally equipped for the jobas a whole at all let alone the economy.
By luckysol93
#319532 they want me to vote, not gonna happen until they start handing out free performance parts.
By Classiccarsrule85
#319533 in all honesty im glad obama was elected over romney. just too much bull crap was going on and from the words of john stewart has anyone yet listened to fox news or bullshit mountain over the election. they are still grieving much like toupe boy over why romney didnt get elected. i just hope he dosent work with the republicans this time as last time nothing happened because they would not meet their demands its just stupid...
By evil-G-nius
luckysol93 wrote:they want me to vote, not gonna happen until they start handing out free performance parts.

If this is a true statement, you have no room to complain about anything any president does. To give up your right simply because you don't like the candidates is stupid. So not a word from you noob! :eh: :lol:
By chrono404
#319620 the numbers for the Libertains have not come back yet, However if Gary Johnson got 5% of the popular vote, We will have an offical 3rd party, He will be on every ballot in every state, as well as in all the debates.

I hope he got it, However If he did I think i would have heard by now.

The Democrats and the Republicans may have slighty different views on something's, the Important things are the same

Both want to continue the prison industral complex
Both want to continue the military industral complex and war.
Both want to Support Big Banks and the Federal Reserve
Both want to go to war with Iran
Both want to Support NDAA
Both want to Support ACTA
Both want to Support Isreal

As long as all people ask for are minor social changes in the scheme of things then these will never change. Oh we want abortion to be legal, we want the LGBT to be able to marry, we want to smoke pot, etc.

I dont see things changing for quite a while, It will be awesome if things change, However I dont see if happening on the political front. People get sucked into artifical conflicts like the so called "war on women" and dont get into details like how are we going to fix the economy, why do we support failing banking structures, the war with iran that will most likely start next spring/summer.