A place to discuss politics, the economy, foreign policy and whatever else is wrong in the world.

Moderators: Chance, evil-G-nius

By FG2_Andrew
#319607 pot being "legal" is only going to lead to more issues with our welfare system, be a HUGE issue with drugs in the workplace and on the road, and people are just going to get ignorant with the whole issue.

and most of you may not work in the "manual labor" field, but i do. and i don't need some dope-head climbing on a forklift, high as shit, trying to do some work. my guess is there are going to be many drug-related accidents and crimes.. now, more than ever.
By chrono404
#319618 I understand your veiws and dont like DUI's as much as the next guy, In the Washington bill thats covered by if you drive high, you get the exact same punishments as someone driving drunk. instead of .008 BAC its 5ng/ml of active thc in your blood, If they are high or have smoked/ate whatever in the past 2 hours then they will over 5ng/ml.

I think weed is a much safer outlet for people then alchohol or prescription drugs, If you drink way to much you can die. If you smoke to much you just see god and eat alot of deritos. Drunk people are also alot easier to anger then high people. Would you rather be in a sports stadium full of drunk people or high people? the high person will only take some pringles while the drunk person might punch me in the face for a bad call being made.

And a great deal of people are taking synthetic version of hard drugs already, but its okay as a Doctor gives it you.

Dont get me wrong, I dont smoke weed, I am not a "Pot Head." However there are alot more dangerous drugs out there. I rather someone drive high then someone driving on very powerful so called "mood stablilizing" drugs that are handed out willy nilly. Its best if anyone taking any mind altering drugs dont drive, but that will never happen. I will gratefully take legalized marajania over the synthetic heroin(Percet, oxycodone, etc) so prevalent out there.

If you dont like legal weed, stay out of Colorado or Washington after Jan 1st 2013. And its better for the places bordering those states as the "pot heads" you dont like will move to those states to get there chronic plants.

Also regarding people being "High" in public will most likely be viewed the same as being "Drunk" in public. If someones operating a forklift high, he wont be doing it long, just the same as if he was drunk he wont be doing his job very long.
By Apexracing
#319625 I would just ask that people not be allowed to smoke it in public places. Same as tobacco. As far as the dui goes thats great news i hope they treat it seriously.