Threads that are too epic to be forgotten!
By Ej2-B16a
#29499 alright guys this is the mistake of the week thread! post up the dumbest thing you did this week...

Ill start.... i ''painted my engine bay'' in hopes of making it look nice and it came out like crap!

for those that didnt see heres pics lol . go ahead and laugh at me tonight! cuz itl be fixed tomarrow haha

Last edited by Ej2-B16a on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By BAXTER_EJ1
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:you are a total dumbass for not removing everything before painting.

He did say to laugh at him...

Kudos on what appears to be taping off the fenders and bumper though...either that or you got lucky.
By ChicagoMike
#29527 There are some people that it takes weeks to paint up the engine bay, you did it in 15 mins. You got out what you put in, a half ass effort, with half ass results.

Next time you decide to paint the bay with everything still in, use tin foil to wrap off anything you dont want painted.
By Gorveatt
ChicagoMike wrote:There are some people that it takes weeks to paint up the engine bay, you did it in 15 mins. You got out what you put in, a half ass effort, with half ass results.

Next time you decide to paint the bay with everything still in, use tin foil to wrap off anything you dont want painted.

Or at least painters tape.

And i see you decided not to paint the firewall :lol:
By hondajunkee
#29529 i knda have a feeling that you might be a repeat winner in this thread, nex week it will be the port and polish :lol:
By teal_dx
#29531 lmao, we have a winner!

For me it was replacing squeeking power steering pump on my EK. I had 2 from an EG and they bolted up to the engine brackets so I was like sweet. Got it all in and switched the hoses, then the last thing I did was bolt up the top hose that has the barbed fitting, and it was not compatible. :x

So then i was on a mission to replace this squeeking PS pump, so I tried taking them apart and swapping the guts, but that did not work either. So I wasted a good hour and accomlished nothing except now I have to pot my old squeeky one back in :lol:
By Bouli
#29558 The hood still makes me think of a Smurf that was exploded under the hood
By Ej2-B16a
#29562 brian! lets get a poll going lol, get some one else to post something up..

i mean im pretty sure im going to be winner alot here.. :thumb: hahahaha :lol: :lol:
By teal_dx
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:brian! lets get a poll going lol, get some one else to post something up..

i mean im pretty sure im going to be winner alot here.. :thumb: hahahaha :lol: :lol:

by a long shot :lol:
By Ej2-B16a
#29575 this thread should just be named *Johnnys* mistake of the week thread! hahah
By Ej2-B16a
#29576 Image

hahahah :) look what another 15 min job did :).. im gonna leave it at that and never paint anything again in my life..
By teal_dx
#29578 lol, that's better. But wait till it starts chipping and falling off of the wire looms, and anything else that you did not clean with a wax & grease remover and scuff the surface of first.

I would have just removed the blue. Now when it starts to look bad, you'll have 2x as much to remove.

Next time your engine is out, I'd definitely strip it off and do it the right way :thumb:
By Gorveatt
#29580 wasn't it black in the first place? why didn't you just leave it the way it was? :?