Threads that are too epic to be forgotten!
By Ej2-B16a
#29582 doubt itl be out for a while.. really got no reason to pull it yet,

and its a bitch dude.. cuz i hate leaving my car at school over night..

so everytime i do something i gatta knock it out in 7 1/2 hours..

it takes me about 5 hours to completly pull the motor out.. if i drink up on monsters and dont take a break

so i really wouldnt wanna..
By teal_dx
#29588 yeah, but I was saying next time you are gonna have it out, or even 1/2 way out for a new clutch, I'd take it all out and do it the right way.

For as much shit as you've gotten for this, I gotta say thanks for posting and showing all the noobs what not to do :thumb:

And for the rest of us, you've given us a good shot of entertainment here today :hehe:
By Ej2-B16a
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:you are a total dumbass for painting the powersteering reservoir.. now how will you tell if it is full or not? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

don't have power streering anyways..... i wanna just rip it off but i was told theres a possiblilty my wheels could lock up......
Last edited by Ej2-B16a on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ej2-B16a
teal_dx wrote:yeah, but I was saying next time you are gonna have it out, or even 1/2 way out for a new clutch, I'd take it all out and do it the right way.

For as much shit as you've gotten for this, I gotta say thanks for posting and showing all the noobs what not to do :thumb:

And for the rest of us, you've given us a good shot of entertainment here today :hehe:

lol glad to help man
By teal_dx
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:you are a total dumbass for painting the powersteering reservoir.. now how will you tell if it is full or not? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

don't have power streering anyways..... i wanna just rip it off but i was told theres a possiblilty my wheels could lock up......

lol please elaborate... :?
By Gorveatt
#29598 Apparently he thinks if you remove the power steering pump and reservoir his steering rack will lock up
By Ej2-B16a
#29599 yea. thats what iv been told.. i never really got into the power streering pump and all that.. don't know really too much about it?

so you guys are saying its ok for me to grab a saw zaw and chop the power steering pump in the back?
By teal_dx
#29608 Your wheels will not lock, but if you leave lines open, dirt will get into the rack and it will wear out and your steering will get sloppy.

rip out everything power steering related. there should be 3 holes on the rack. loop the left and right holes together, then add a tube with a breather on the middle hole. As long as there is some lubricant in the rack, it will not rear out and get sloppy.

Or instead of the breather on the center hole, run the tube to the bottom of a small resivior, anfd then you will be able to monitor the fluid level to madke sure there is always fluid. Since i don't drive my eg alot, I just did the breather method, and I will have to check from time to time and add a little bit of fluid into the rack.
By ohDirka
fresh eh2* wrote:My mistake of the week is clicking on this thread :thumbdown:

x2
By ohDirka
#29619 bwhahahahahaahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Ej2-B16a
#29620 :lol: :lol: :lol: aww man i cant do nothing but laugh about it haah..

oh so would i be able to do this.. cut the line for the power steering pump. and maybe screw a bolt in there?
By Ej2-B16a
#29621 [quote="teal_dx"]why is your radiator crooked and the overflow tank on the other side of the bay?[/quote

my brother went into a curb long time ago. the support is all gone to hell.. im suprised i even somehow managed to line my lights like that..

and the coolant overflow tank is over there because i cut my intake cuz it was way too low before.. and the filter was getting in the way of the overflow tank fitting properly.. so i just moved it

im honestly not really into looks much anymore..

for all i care i could have a pink steering wheel that says rice on it..

i care nowdays more how it performs... as i said im dont w/ extiroior/looks...