B16, B18, B20
By Greasedmonkey
#66317 What does everyone think about the new OBX ITBs. They are a copy of the TODA pieces. I havent seen anyone with them, and only read the thread on honda-tech about them. Just curious to see what people here think about them.

By KRYSTED9354
#68418 I have heard they are 1 of the BEST products box has made for civic's

EXAMPLE, there intake manifold= JUNK, this actually is well built.

whats the price tag anybody know?
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#68432 Haven't seen reviews of the OBX's but TWM's pieces are great, I know several people who have used them and they swear by them, especially at the price point
By Greasedmonkey
#68491 The price for the OBX unit is about $750
By thenewvessel
#325412 I was looking into these too but the power gains arent as significant as you would expect. It's cheaper going with a mild cam, head work, and TB honestly and you'll be pushing more power.

Plus ITB's have always been a pain to tune and are extremely sporadic under temperature/weather changes.
By bks84
#325437 The OBX ITB's are not one of the best Products OBX has made, the hardware used to make them is garbage. The casting is very rough and nasty. If you want the OBX's to make good power on any B series, they need to be opened up. And that about puts an end to their price point, TWM's start at 50mm and go up. The OBX's are 48mm tappered to a 45mm, according to Endyn, thats not even big enough for a mild B16.

thenewvessel wrote:I was looking into these too but the power gains arent as significant as you would expect. It's cheaper going with a mild cam, head work, and TB honestly and you'll be pushing more power.

true, but you cant replicate the throttle response the ITB's produce. if the motor is built and parts are selected that will work with the ITB's, they can produce some serious power.

thenewvessel wrote:Plus ITB's have always been a pain to tune and are extremely sporadic under temperature/weather changes.

mine work perfectly fine. originally tuned in late summer early fall temps in the lower 60's (id guess), and recently driven when it was about 40 degrees outside... no issues with driveablilty. Please stop while youre ahead when making ASSumptions.
By kylenjdm93
bks84 wrote:The OBX ITB's are not one of the best Products OBX has made, the hardware used to make them is garbage. The casting is very rough and nasty. If you want the OBX's to make good power on any B series, they need to be opened up. And that about puts an end to their price point, TWM's start at 50mm and go up. The OBX's are 48mm tappered to a 45mm, according to Endyn, thats not even big enough for a mild B16.

thenewvessel wrote:I was looking into these too but the power gains arent as significant as you would expect. It's cheaper going with a mild cam, head work, and TB honestly and you'll be pushing more power.

true, but you cant replicate the throttle response the ITB's produce. if the motor is built and parts are selected that will work with the ITB's, they can produce some serious power.

thenewvessel wrote:Plus ITB's have always been a pain to tune and are extremely sporadic under temperature/weather changes.

mine work perfectly fine. originally tuned in late summer early fall temps in the lower 60's (id guess), and recently driven when it was about 40 degrees outside... no issues with driveablilty. Please stop while youre ahead when making ASSumptions.

your right friend, you do need a big enough itb for your power potenial not needs but potentail, not too big but not too small

its all about the numbers just like chooosing the right cam you need to look at the lift and duration as well as the compression piston you will be using to be sure your valves will not hit the pistons bla bla bla

choosing the right itbs are what counts

expect a price tag of 1400 to 2600 for what you need :thumb: