B16, B18, B20
By kalash
#358969 Hi everyone, I've been looking for the right cams for my del sol for a few time, the reason why is that latter this year I'll need to change the timing belt, and since my cam seal is leaking and I'm burning oil on vtec I'll take that chance to give it a little refresh on the head...... I'm not very good mechanic wise, so I allways take my car to a good mechanic, actually it's the best one working on hondas here in Portugal, the day my car was tuned it was also tuned a b18c4 turbo eg5 that put down 620bhp safely......

About the cams, I limited my choice to skunk2, I also looked into buddyclub spec3 but I discarded them in favor of the pro1...... I use my car everyday, I do around 70 to 80km daily and also use it on weekends..... I can't afford a second car and actually I don't want another car right now, I love my del sol and drive it as much as I can :love:

So it that in mind I can't have some cams that are only for track use.... I'm not a stance guy and very now and then I do some high speed trips on the highways and backroads and some friendly pulls....... I'm giving you as much info as I can think of to show you what my intentions are and why I haven't decided yet :headscratch:

The tuner2 are nice cams for daily drive cause they will keep a good mpg and show they true performance on vtec, and I really like that harsh vtec crossover...... About the pro1 well they will give better low end than the tuners, but that will reduce my mpg and make the vtec crossover too quiet.....

What you guys think that are better???? And why????? Can you post some vídeos??????

I searched on youtube but with not very luck regarding the tuner2 cams, the pro1 well every vídeo that I saw it looks like the vtec crossover don't exist....if that's the case I discard the pro1...... Yesterday I emailed skunk2 and they answer quickly, I've a answer from them today when I woke up.... They told that I'll be better with the pro1 because of the air flow that I have with them...... They aren't as explicit as I wanted, or maybe I wanna heard another answer lol

Here are my specs (some aren't done yet but anyways this is what I'll have when the cams will be put on):

B16a1 stock block, stock compression
Pr3 head port polished
Supertech dual valve springs
Titanium or oem retainers
Adjustable cam gears (still decinding wich ones lol)
Ssp toda replica header
Custom 2.5" straight exhaust with 2.5" vibrant black muffler
Skunk2 pro intake manifold with 66mm skunk2 alpha throttle body
Tuned on hondata s300

Hope to hear your toughts guys ;) thanks
By kalash
#358984 why are you asking fir the budget??? my concerns are more towards the crossover and if the pro will reduce the mpg drastically........
Budget isn't a concern cause here in Portugal the pro1 and the tuner2 are about the same price (little over 600euros), and they'll be installed when the head came from the machine shop who'll do the clean and port\polish..... It's my mechanic who is gonna install them, I don't have enough mechanical skills to try to put them in myself, also I'm not brave enough to attempt that....
I think that you're trying to ask if I'll degree the cams, and if that's why you ask about my budget yes I'll have the cams degreed, I never discard that.... but if that's not why you ask about the budget please explain why....
Thanks
By suspendedHatch
#358993 Get the Pro1's. If you want a shitty VTEC crossover, have your tuner set VTEC to come on too early.
Cams don't determine airflow, the throttle does. If you want good gas mileage, go easy on the throttle. Shift at 3000 RPM.
If you know you want the Tuner2, just get them. You're going to need to further modify the engine to make use of them. Higher compression pistons, a port and polish, intake manifold and throttle body, stiffer valve springs, oversized valves.
By kalash
#359011 The conpression will remain the same, but the valvetrain will be upgraded when installed the cams.... The ta manifold I already have....
The valves i'm thinking about put itr intake valves and keep my exhaust ones....
Right now I can do as low as 6.8l/100km..... Not sure about how many mpg that are sorry, but that is not a huge comsumption, of curse is on the daily duties and I shift around 4k rpm and drive almost everytime under vtec......
I'll try to puta here a video that I did this week so you can see how my vtec crossover is now, you can hear it clearly and I wanna keep it that way ;)
But that's a good point, if I go slow on the throttle and have a good tune there is no reason to have Hi consumption, thanks mate
By kalash
#359020 Here is the video

https://youtu.be/s4GVMeKYQwg

Sorri for the shaking, have the phone and the steering on the same hand lol
It's a 2nd and 3rd gear pull. .... Love the sound, my crossover is loud as f*** but it feels a bit slow and tired :\ What you think guys? ???