B16, B18, B20
By 92civicEGsedan
#356589 So I found out my dad's boss has a 95 integra in his scrapyard with a stock b18b1 in it(still have the stock manifold and intake). It's a low mileage car but if it will turn over he's gonna sell it to me and everything to swap into my car for only $150. I'm looking at tearing it down and rebuilding it for a cheap upgrade for my b7 I've beat to death over the last few years I did have a d16z6 that I bought for 500(included the transmission axles and shift linkages) and I turned around and sold just the engine for 500 when I found this engine and I was really expecting to have to pay about3-500 for the b18. But I'm looking for a ruff estimate on a rebuild price(bearings, pumps,gaskets).
By suspendedHatch
#356660 I just had my B18B rebuilt and it was $750 total. The block had to be bored (new pistons) and the head needed a couple new valves. I think I must have gotten a pretty good deal but this is the first time I've done this. Probably the bottom of the price range for a rebuild. I brought it in with the head disassembled and pulled off the block. Paid cash. The shop is a well known and respected place but it's at the edge of the ghetto pretty much.

Here's my opinion: put the engine and if it runs, check the compression. If the cylinders are within 10%, no rod knock etc, then run it and save your money for when the rebuild is absolutely necessary. Throw a timing belt on it, have the injectors serviced, but don't go all out (tensioner, water pump, seals). Those things really aren't that hard to replace when they come up.
By 92civicEGsedan
#356665 Yeah but I want to go ahead and replace the pumps and stuff while the engine ain't in my car. But thanks that really makes my excited. I am planning on doing a couple of upgrades like bigger rods and I'm gonna mess with the crank a little bit, slight p & p and the exhaust and intake and leave it like that cause I'm not sure if I'll want to put a turbo on it later down the road
By 92civicEGsedan
#356822 I've been dying to go get it but working 50+ hours a week and having two newborn girls is very limiting my time on when I get to go get it and I have to go out of state for the next two weeks for work so I'm looking at about 3 weeks before I get everything :thumbdown: but I'm gonna gonna make a parts list in the meanwhile maybe order a port and polish kit along with some valve seat cutters and ima see if my dad has some bore gauges at his work I can use when I tear it down
By 92civicEGsedan
#357696 So still no engine yet but it's all waiting on me I would have gotten it this week but the guy my dad's boss has working there had heart problems so it's been closed till he's able to come back to work but I'm working on getting tools for the rebuild. But my dad got me a 1.4"-6" dial bore gage for the rebuild. But I've changed my plans I'm going all out turbo for the build gonna get it sent out and have aebs sleeves installed on it when I get my taxes back. Not sure on the piston and rod combo yet. But I'm gonna have a water to air intercooler put in the trunk so it makes it look like a sleeper, more then likely 1600cc-2000cc injectors and not sure about the fuel pump and a few things including a ls/vtec built right and a good p&p on the head. But anyways I'm looking to make between 600-700 to the wheels. Yes I know I have big dreams please don't crush them too hard.