B16, B18, B20
By baconsauce
#354089 Hey everyone. I always wanted to do LS-V and it is my first time doing it. spent so much times searching and reading.
I pulled b18b out of DA and I took it apart to inspect everything such as bearing, crankshaft, etc. I found that all of crank journal is perfect, no groovy damaged, spun bearing.
So I wanted to do LS-V with GSR head NA for now and will boost it with turbonetic t3 later when I get more money for everything.
I have been using zeal auto calculation for compression to see how much if I put stock LS pistons in there, so the result was 10.18:1. I know it is not perfect but it is estimated. I haven't talked to my local tuner to see if this is possible yet.
What do you guy thinks? Do I get little boost power due to bit high compression or I better off buy 9ish compression pistons to get more power out of it?

P.S. I wanted to reach for 180ish for NA with LS pistons (less is fine) then boost it to 250ish hp with quality parts. Friend of mine have chipped P28 ECU and I will buy it off him along with Hondata.
By HeikDiesel
#354093 Depends on fuel used for the forced induction part. My next build will be 11.5:1 and 30 psi but that will be on e98
By baconsauce
#354094 Boosting with that amount of compression? To me, psi doesn't matter when come to varies choices of turbo product.

If it is possible I'd stick with regular fuel or premium unless I have to go e85 for my goal.
By HeikDiesel
#354109 30 psi on a 9180 BW EFR rated at 94lb/min. E-85 is a God send. I'm still blown away by the amount of people that don't use it. My friend just put down 833whp on a 11.7:1 motor on 27 psi out of an old s366 on pump ethanol.
By baconsauce
#354114 do you have a link of youtube dyno or pulls on highway? something to verify my decisions :)
By HeikDiesel
#354117 uh what good would that do?