B16, B18, B20
By JDMLYFE
#353939 Hey guys. So I have a 95 hatch with a jdm b16a.
Mods are as listed

All new seals/gaskets/headgasket/main seal
Skunk2 intake mani
Skunk2 70mm throttle body
Supertech valvetrain
Dc header
Stock b16 cams
Stock intake( Swiss cheesed airbox)
2.5' exhaust to a cheap muffler until I slap on a vibrant

If so I was told just a basic chip and tune. Would cost me 350
By JDMLYFE
#353940 I have driven the car a few times up and down the street but Iv yet to rev it passed 5k
By iLLson
#353944 do you NEED a tune? no
do you benefit from a tune? yes

i say slap on a nice exhaust and a nice intake and bring it to your local tuner

you shoulda put on a itr cam or a similar stg1 cam while you did your valves/springs
By suspendedHatch
#353964 Yeah, you need a tune. Either of these items will require a tune for the car to idle and start up like normal, and the combination of those parts may be enough to exceed the amount of adjustment the ECU has to keep you from going lean at WOT.

Intake Manifold
Throttle Body

It's money well spent. You'll most likely gain more from the tune than you did from the parts.

A real dyno tune will run you about $400 for an hour and give you a much better result than someone's preloaded map. Wasn't clear on which you were quoted on.
By JDMLYFE
#354064 This started out as a budget build as its my DD, but as time went on I came across parts for cheap on local sites. Cams were one thing I didn't care for unless I seen a steal of a price as b16 are good enough for what i need.
Hopefully getting a chip/dyno tune next week!

Off topic! Has anyone had trouble with there s2 70mm throttle body? Mine is sticking and it's annoying as fcuk. I'm thinking of putting the stock one on for now or getting a type r one
By JDMLYFE
#354071 Anyone ? :cry: