B16, B18, B20
By JDMLYFE
#353802 Guys I need help lol I have a jdm b16a in my 95 eg CX.
Iv tried the 4 wire obd2 and it bogs at idle. Which O2 sensor do I get for this!!
By teal_dx
#353856 4-wire should be correct.
Can you give us more background on the car? Did you just complete the swap? what ecu are you using? how's the wiring? Did it have a 4 wire when you got it? is there a Check Engine Light? Have you tried replacing the o2 sensor with a brand new one?
By JDMLYFE
#354072 It's a jdm b16a
I did the swap, the car is running but yes there is an engine light,
What O2 sensor do I ask for? Having trouble finding one that's long enough to go to spot near cat to plug
By teal_dx
#354086 So you checked the code and it is definitely the o2?
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1558

You may have to get an extension harness. A lot of places have them, google "honda o2 sensor extension harness" :thumb:
By JDMLYFE
#354105 I haven't checked the code but I know it's the O2 sensor as I don't have one hooked up because I can't find the right one lol
By JDMLYFE
#354110 It's that and also confused in which sensor to get?
I'm going to check part source and call Honda to see how much a new one is. What car do I say it's from lol it's a jdm b16a
By iLLson
#354111 pull code then come back and update us.

without pulling the code, we cant help you much.
can be multiple codes other than the o2
By teal_dx
#354112 There are 3 types of honda o2 sensors. 1-wire, 4-wire, and 5-wire. It sounds like you have the proper o2 sensor, the 4-wire. You're saying it's not plugged in, giving you the CEL that you haven't checked. Before you buy another 4-wire o2, buy the extension, which you'll need anyways. :thumb:
By JDMLYFE
#354135 Ok so I just extended the wires myself( the proper way) and it bogs etc at idle. once I unplug it, it's fine.
By JDMLYFE
#354136 Quick question teal!
I have skunk2 intake mani and s2 70mm throttle body but it sticks. I heard its a known problem and it's annoying af. Which throttle body would work best? Type R?
By teal_dx
JDMLYFE wrote:Ok so I just extended the wires myself( the proper way) and it bogs etc at idle. once I unplug it, it's fine.

Now you can check the CEL code to confirm it's the o2 sensor :thumb:

I'm a D series guy, don't know much about the B's. But if it's a common issue with Skunk2, I believe it. You can't go wrong with an OEM typeR- Honda's quality is better than Skunk2 :thumb:
By JDMLYFE
#354147 Ok thanks, I'm just hoping th bore size won't be an issue as I think the s2 intake mani is 68mm
By JDMLYFE
#354158 Hopefully getting a type R one tmrw, been having trouble fining one locally, don't tbink the dealership would have it...
Sad news and I was inspecting things under good I noticed a little coolant around headgasket :cry: I'm taking it to the shop where I got the motor put together on Monday. :x