B16, B18, B20
By Jcampa19
#353539 Incase you arent familiar with my post, here's what I've done..

Installed a JDM B18C Sir-G (Obd2) into my 95 Honda Civic Hatch..

Here's a list of what I've done to convert to OBD1.

Chipped and socketed P28 ECU - for some reason it won't go passed 4,000 rpm?? But a stock ECU works fine.
Purchased D16z6 (Obd1) engine harness
Jumper harness for dizzy
Re-wired ECU harness for Vtec.

I'm about to begin process of elimination, but I'm not sure where to start? A buddy is telling me to check the O-ring.

Advice would really help.
By HeikDiesel
#353547 Codes? Not revving over 4k sounds like limp mode
By egsedanguy
#353551 Have you unhooked the battery? If you did not unplug it when installing any of the electrical stuff could have cause the ecu to go into limp. Unplug the battery for about 20 min. plug it back in. start the car and let it idle for about 10 min or until at full operating temp. should be fine then. hope that helps :thumb:
By Jcampa19
iLLson wrote:check your oil level

If I put too much oil, could that be the cause? I put the recommended oil capacity, but I'll check.
By Jcampa19
egsedanguy wrote:Have you unhooked the battery? If you did not unplug it when installing any of the electrical stuff could have cause the ecu to go into limp. Unplug the battery for about 20 min. plug it back in. start the car and let it idle for about 10 min or until at full operating temp. should be fine then. hope that helps :thumb:

The battery was the last thing that went in after the swap, but I will definitely try that.

HeikDiesel wrote:Codes? Not revving over 4k sounds like limp mode

For some odd reason, my wires won't spit out any codes. Something is wrong with the wires to where I don't get any flashes. It does go limp mode at around 3500-4000.. I brought in an ECU to get chipped and socketed and it went limp, had them take a look at it and they told me to get another ECU, so I brought them a fresh p28 and its doing it again. But if I put in a virgin ECU, it doesn't go limp.