B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#353395 ok guess ive been building my drag car hatch project for a little over two years while still racing it here and there. so far im got slicks rc 750 injectors walbro 255 fuel pump a stock b20z2 with a ebay turbo and misi inter cooler.
this was just more of a test set up. it is still running but i need to rebuild the motor for some serious boost.i understand i need forged bottom end and springs and reatainers cams gears and all that. Does anyone have any advice on a full build set up where to get the parts. right now the car makes 350 hp and runs high 7s and 12s in a quarter. im looking for more around 450 to 500 what turbo setup would be good and what internals i need. already have the transmission ready for 700 hp and i have a good engine managment
By HeikDiesel
#353408 I think for that power range I personally would go with the CSS vs a sleeved block. As far as a turbo it looks like you're wanting a budget based build so I would look along the lines of a garrett 3071/6R. Eagles and pretty much any piston are good for this power range as well. My .02