B16, B18, B20
By EconoBox
egsedanguy wrote:Why would you want to convert to auto? it would be less of a headache just to get the manual trans.

What he said is spot on.

Auto to Manual is a common swap and they make bolt in parts for it.

Going Manual to Auto is a whole different game... they don't make any aftermarket parts to help you it will be lots of digging through scrapyards and welding.

You would need:
-Auto Engine harness
-Auto dash harness
-Auto shifter components
-Auto ECU
-Auto transmission motor mount
-Auto T bracket and rear motor mount
-OEM Automatic transmission mount location that welds into the engine bay, you literally have to remove the motor mount bracket from the chassis and weld in one for an auto. The part is like $30 from Honda but just that right there would turn me off of this whole project not to mention who the hell wants to put in an automatic?! My friend is paralyzed from the wast down an drives a manual M3 (hand controls) so no excuses on this one.
-The shifter hole is different from auto and manual. This isn't an easy one to fix. You'll be hacking a big hole into the floor to run the shifter cable and shifter. The plate can be removed and welded in from an auto chassis but its not available from Honda to do this you'd have to buy a new floorpan.
-You can keep the manual pedals and make them work.
-Auto gauge cluster
-Plus some other small stuff like fuse boxes and fluids

Basically what I'm telling you is its a waste of time and money. Go track down a manual LS transmission it should only set you back $300-600 depending on the condition or how desperate the seller is. If you wanna spend more you can find any other B series hydraulic transmission like and ITR on with shorter gears for around $1000.