B16, B18, B20
By Diego
#352772 Hi Guys

Do I can instal the B-Séries A/C compressor in my B Séries (B16A2). Its plug and play, or I will modifield the hoses?

I would like this modification, because the D-Séries compressor is Scroll Type (more eficient) and the B-Séries is a Swing Plate, do you confirm this infomation?

Thanks.
By EconoBox
#352774 Either a Del Sol VTEC or CR-V bracket will let you just bolt on the D series compressor. Here is a link to each one. P7J is the CRV on P54 is the Del Sol one. P54 is the better option it fits right in like stock and allows you to use the torque mount.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew_detail.php?prodID=970

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231507056794?lpid=82&chn=ps

Good luck if you're careful and had functioning AC on your single cam you can install a B swap and keep AC without ever even opening up the system. :thumb:
By Diego
#352781 Ok thanks for informations. But the hoses and wire conectors, and the belt, are the same ?
By EconoBox
#352785 If you use either one of these brackets it bolts your D series compressor to your B series block literally nothing will change except the belt and bracket. I used a Del Sol VTEC AC belt on mine you may have to try a couple different belts if that doesn't work for you.

I was able to do this on my last car without even opening the AC system. I just unbolted the SOHC compressor from the block and held it out of the way with bungee cords then swapped in the B18C and bolted everything right back on. If you open the system you should at minimum replace the dryer, have the system vacuumed, and recharged. If you spill the refrigerant oil out of the used compressor there is more involved in properly reassembling the AC.
By dmar13
#353318 Ok just so its 100 percent clear, the crv ac bracket will not allow you to use the torque mount?
By suspendedHatch
#353342 The AC mount IS the torque mount.

You don't use a B series compressor because then you'd need to make all new custom AC lines. And you'd have to open your system. EconoBox is on point, as usual.