B16, B18, B20
By danmain-eg
#351654 I'm looking to swap my d15 to a b18 but need some advice

I've found an aeroback civic with the b18c4 in it which is exactly what I'm looking for

What else will I need to complete the engine swap?

1. Will the ECU for this engine be fine to just swap to the eg?

2. Will the shafts be correct to swap or will I need different ones??

Thanks in advance
By TrailerTrash
#351655 we need some details about your car and the donor car. year, current engine, transmissions, ect
By danmain-eg
#351656 Okay my civic eg is a b15z6 which hasn't been modified at all, its an n reg which would make it a 1995 model

The doner car is a completely standard aeroback civic which is an s reg which would make it a 1998 model

I'm unsure of the transition on them but I'm sure this would be easy for someone to work out as they are both unmodified
By teal_dx
#351660 This is the first time I've heard of a b15z6. All I could find online is it is a SOHC vtec-e motor (right?). I'm wondering if it's similar to the US D15z1 with vtec-e/lean burn mode...
Does b15z6 use a wideband 5-wire o2 sensor? What about an EGR valve?
If so, that's probably going to be some extra wiring to sort out.
Your swap is OBD2 and your car is OBD1, so there will be some things you'll have to bypass on the B18. Without seeing the details of each motor, there's not much more I can guess. But other than the wiring & small bits, it's going to be your standard B18 swap... axles, mounts, linkage, ecu from an OBD1 integra with B18. Not sure which B18 you have, that will also make a difference.
By danmain-eg
#351664 Sorry man typo error I have a d15z6 haha! The b18 I'm looking at is out of the aeroback 1998 which is a b18c4

I'm not sure what obd my car is I need to do more research I guess.

So let's say I have this b18c4, the shafts from the aero will fit the eg? I've read you need dc2 shafts but this is probably because that's what the best b18 comes from I'm guessing?
By juls1488
#351683 the aerodeck is the the ma/mb/mc chassis right? so that means it has the 4x114.3 hubs similar to the 1996 integra type r, which uses the same axles as a regular integra. so the axles from the aerodeck should fit.