B16, B18, B20
By dmar13
#351350 Hey all
Ive pretty much finished this swap . All i need is a tps sensor and speedo sensor so im gunna have a check engine light .

So, i have the front end of the car on jacks . I started the car sounds good and revs went to2500. I expected the high revs cuz i dont have a tps bolted on. The issue is. When im in neutral and i slowly let go of the clutch in neutral i hear a rubbing noise. That im assuming is the clutch and fly rubbing. I let go of the clucth even more then therevs drops to 1500. Is it normal that the revs drop that much ? Also its a 9 lb flywheel and stage two exedy clutch. One more thing. What t bracket exactly do i need for this swap? From what car? I hear i need one from a del sol v tec model ?
By egsedanguy
#351367 I would finish bolting everything on first. Then diagnose your issues.

also this site has loads of info on doin swaps in our cars. A simple search and this was found.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=176 ... a5b38f1a57

parts list for the swap :thumb:
By Driv-it-hard
egsedanguy wrote:I would finish bolting everything on first. Then diagnose your issues.

also this site has loads of info on doin swaps in our cars. A simple search and this was found.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=176 ... a5b38f1a57

parts list for the swap :thumb:

Very good idea to do the above. Also, don't forget, when you release the clutch, even in nuetral, the clutch engages on the fly wheel. The only time the clutch does not touch the FW is when you have the pedal depressed on the clutch.
Just an FYI.
By dmar13
#351380 thanks for the reply. I saw that thread of the parts list. I have a t bracket but a couple of bolt holes don't even rest on the trans.

ok final questions, are all the "T" brackets the same for the 5 speed ls, gsr, and type r trans coming from an integra? different bolt pattern then the del sol vtec t bracket? thanks a bunch guys. I learned so much from this site and it helped me do my first motor swap. 8)
By dmar13
#351390 I am using a gsr transmission. or so the guy I bought it off of claims. but it sais s80 on it, I guess ill find out for sure when I check the relation between the revs and speed.
By egsedanguy
dmar13 wrote:I am using a gsr transmission. or so the guy I bought it off of claims. but it sais s80 on it, I guess ill find out for sure when I check the relation between the revs and speed.

if its a gsr you will know. ls trans vs gsr is a very noticeable difference. gsr/b20 is a great setup. I had the same setup in my old 97 coupe. I was smoking gsr, rsx-s and a few others.