B16, B18, B20
By enanoeg92
#351224 Now i want yo see how i can get more power from the engine alone I have a hondata computer and chipped I need it get it tuned but I wanna add any modification that can help it get more Juice with out using a turbo just all motor
By Civic_HatchSI
#351226 Simple bolt ons like header, 2 1/4" catback exhaust and air intake will give you some more power. If you really want to see significant power I would suggest building the motor :wink:
By enanoeg92
#351237 Building the motor how I have that headers and the exhuste done already
By HeikDiesel
enanoeg92 wrote:Building the motor how I have that headers and the exhuste done already

They talking about internal work. But really that engine with/without internal work peaks out in the low 200 whp. Any type of forced induction is the only way you are going to make significant power gains.
By EconoBox
#351241 What are your goals for the car? What's your budget? If we have an idea of what kind of power level or use you have intended for the car we can point you in the right direction a lot easier.

There is the usual I/H/E (intake, header, exhaust) that everyone starts with but after that it depends on what you're looking for.
By suspendedHatch
#351249 Well he said no turbo so all that's left would be pistons, cams, intake manifold and throttle body. Anybody could get this info from Fast & Furious or Gran Turismo.

How you end up with a Type R motor and no idea of what to do with it is beyond me. Probably a rich kid.
By HeikDiesel
suspendedHatch wrote:Well he said no turbo so all that's left would be pistons, cams, intake manifold and throttle body. Anybody could get this info from Fast & Furious or Gran Turismo.

How you end up with a Type R motor and no idea of what to do with it is beyond me. Probably a rich kid.

Could always use a supercharger or nitrous.
By EconoBox
suspendedHatch wrote:Well he said no turbo so all that's left would be pistons, cams, intake manifold and throttle body. Anybody could get this info from Fast & Furious or Gran Turismo.

^I was thinking the same thing... but I wanted to help out I love NA setups.

I'd grab a B20 block, some 14.0:1 compression pistons, forged rods, a 4 piston Outlaw GSR cylinder head with the port match Skunk 2 Ultra Street, Golden Eagle Girdle and LS/VTEC Kit, ARP everything for bolts, Competition Clutch Kit, Supertech or Ferrea valvetrain, some DDTech camshafts, a nice header, 3 inch exhaust, E85 conversion, and a little bit of nitrous for those times you just have to win the race, a harmonic damper (Fluidamper makes a nice one), and make sure to have everything balanced at a reputable machine shop the B20 isn't meant to rev that high stock.
By HeikDiesel
#351317 ^ Lol that's like a $10,000 setup and would have a hard time making ~275 whp
By EconoBox
HeikDiesel wrote:^ Lol that's like a $10,000 setup and would have a hard time making ~275 whp

Oh believe me I know lmao I have 85% of that list put together for my car. I just need to send out for the port work and purchase the camshafts.

Thanks for pointing out the high cost though. It wasn't quite that much but it should help him realize he is better to go boosted if he is looking for some big numbers. For $5k into a good boost setup and tuning he can make 350hp reliably.