B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#351074 whats going on guys i have a poormans type r b18c block 81.5 mm 12.7.1 cpratio b16 head with stock intake manifold and throttle body also i have gsr cams. i was looking to get a skunk ultra manny with a 70 mm tb ik i have stock cams right now but will this wake my motor up a bit ? i am looking to get better track times i got a 14.1 at 99 last year i am also getting a better header cuz i am using a ebay one and i will have a custom exhaust made .. so my question is will this manny and tb help ik you guys are going to say you need cams but thats not a option right now
By EconoBox
#351077 Before you do anything I can't stress enough the importance of a good tune. I personally love hondata but if your on a budget Chrome or ECTune will do. If you don't have this yet I would say to do this first. Invest in a hondata s300 or a chipped ECU and have a real tune done NOT JUST A BASEMAP. Safe air fuel ratios and proper timing make a big difference and a major part like the intake manifold and throttle will require adjustments to make the most out of it.

I bought the Skunk2 Ultra Street to use on my GSR and used the 74mm throttle body that it is able to use. (I've since switched to a B20b planning to go B20 Vtec)

I didn't get to dyno it but it felt like it had a much broader powerband than the edelbrock performer X I replaced. I am running a Hondata S300 and I did have to adjust the fuel quite a bit up to 5% in some places so it does make power.

I would recommend having the head ported though. I found that the ports where the intake runners meet the cylinder head are quite a bit larger than the factory GSR ports. This will have a negative effect on airflow (more turbulence from what I understand) This is why I haven't gone B20/VTEC yet I want to have the head and manifold port matched.

A proper porting job along with some camshafts like the Skunk2 Pro 2s would really wake up your setup. I'm not sure which eBay header you have but they actually sell some on eBay that work great (Some of the Tri-Y styles and 4-1 designs) but if you have a cheap-o 4-2-1 two piece header and a stock exhaust that is going to be a restriction on your motor as well.

Here is a picture of it installed in my sedan just to show you how it fit in an EG chassis, not the best pic sorry. It fits without moving anything but the connector for the MAP sensor is maybe 1mm from hitting the fuel filter bracket so I trimmed it to keep ot from hitting. I tore this thing apart to use all the parts for my hatchback or I'd have some more pictures.
WP_20141011_001 by system_bust, on Flickr
By 92dxeg
#351081 Sorry man i forgot too mention i already have s300 and it was tuned at xenocron i made 200 hp i am really looking too replace my stock oem parts and i dont wanna get cams just yet cuz i will need a re tune just looking for a quick upgrade
By EconoBox
#351082 Xenocron is what's up :thumb:

I've had the Skunk 2 regular manifold, Edelbrock Performer X, and the ultra street.

The Ultra street was the best out of them. My GSR was similar to yours so I would expect you to enjoy it as well.

I was 12.8:1 compression, GSR head with supertech flat face valves and valvetrain, stock GSR ports and GSR camshafts.