B16, B18, B20
By ODST_EG
#350475 Ok guys so I've spent about 150 bux on two manifolds that "don't fit." I bought a b18b(p75) manifold that I thought would fit but it doesn't cuz the manifold is smaller and the mounting holes don't line up.

and Now I just bought a b18c1 manifold but its upside down?? heres some pics of it. its a P72 but it doesn't look right. did I buy a right hand drive manifold or am I looking at things wrong????

By Leppy
#350476 That's a GSR manifold. It's got extra butterfly's in the intake that open up before VTEC and gives it that little extra torque in the lower end of the RPM band.

You can use it if your engine isn't GSR, but you'll have to disable the butterflies and lock them open or remove them entirely. They are opened up by pressure, and the P72 ECU is mapped to compensate for the change.

Show us the other manifold that 'didn't fit.' All B-series intake manifolds will bolt onto B16, B18, and B20 heads, unless you got an older B17 or one from the B-series Prelude motor.
By rootbeer_eg
Leppy wrote:
All B-series intake manifolds will bolt onto B16, B18, and B20 heads, unless you got an older B17 or one from the B-series Prelude motor.

thats not true
b16 and itr have the same intake manifold bolt pattern
b18a,b18b should have the same intake manifold as the gsr motor !
By Leppy
rootbeer_eg wrote:
Leppy wrote:
All B-series intake manifolds will bolt onto B16, B18, and B20 heads, unless you got an older B17 or one from the B-series Prelude motor.

thats not true
b16 and itr have the same intake manifold bolt pattern
b18a,b18b should have the same intake manifold as the gsr motor !

I stand corrected. Maybe it was the exhaust header I was thinking about?
By HeikDiesel
#350493 Header patterns are the same and depending on make and deck height of engine, they work. Intake is not. What's the stamp on the head