B16, B18, B20
By dmar13
#350145 sup everybody, well, im swaping a b20b into my 94 civic sedan that had a d16z6 in it. now I know I can use the d16 wire harness for the b20b(97), but I noticed that on the LS intake manifold, that it doesn't have as many sensor plugs as the d16 intake manifold had. so does that mean that I would have to leave a electrical connector on the wire harness unplugged and zip tied to itself? what other connectors am I not going to use? phearable. net told me to just leave the vtec sensors unplugged (duh).

now, I have the the motor, gsr trans, shift linkage, t bracket, LS integra driver side motor mount and bracket, fidanza flywheel and exedy stage 2 clutch kit. I KNOW I need a p75 ecu or have phearable chip my p28 ecu, but am I missing anything else needed for this swap?

I read that I will need a LS upper radiator hose, can anyone confirm that?
lastly, what brackets do I need to retain the power steering and AC?
I do a lot of my own research, n some of this info is probly out there, but I need a clear answer. thanks :)
By egsedanguy
dmar13 wrote:sup everybody, well, im swaping a b20b into my 94 civic sedan that had a d16z6 in it. now I know I can use the d16 wire harness for the b20b(97), but I noticed that on the LS intake manifold, that it doesn't have as many sensor plugs as the d16 intake manifold had. so does that mean that I would have to leave a electrical connector on the wire harness unplugged and zip tied to itself? what other connectors am I not going to use? phearable. net told me to just leave the vtec sensors unplugged (duh).

now, I have the the motor, gsr trans, shift linkage, t bracket, LS integra driver side motor mount and bracket, fidanza flywheel and exedy stage 2 clutch kit. I KNOW I need a p75 ecu or have phearable chip my p28 ecu, but am I missing anything else needed for this swap?

I read that I will need a LS upper radiator hose, can anyone confirm that?
lastly, what brackets do I need to retain the power steering and AC?
I do a lot of my own research, n some of this info is probly out there, but I need a clear answer. thanks :)

I would recommend the upper hose. The d series hose is curved diff., I had that issues when swaping the b20 in my 97 coupe. as for the brackets im not sure. I didn't use either on mine.
By dmar13
#350158 Ok so, besides the vtec connectors, what other plugs are going to have to be left undone? Does anybody know if the stock exhaust system will bolt to the b20 header? What brackets should Iuse to retain AC and PS? Thank ya
By dmar13
#350936 any idea on brackets to use civic ac and ps pump
By CopyLifted
#350942 To retain a/c (or add a/c), you will need either the P7J CRV a/c bracket (part # 38930-P7J-000) or the P54 Del Sol B16 a/c bracket (part # 38930-P54-000). And use the original d series pump, lines, etc.