B16, B18, B20
By rustyrex
#350059 I bought a 96 integra ls with a bad motor. I found out tonight a rod bolt came loose and the bearing spun. So I gotta rebuild. Does anyone have any place they can point me to that sells either a full rebuild kit or all the parts needed?
By HeikDiesel
#350063 This is just my opinion, but I'd just buy a used b20 from hmotors. By the time you find a crank and redo everything you'll have more money into it than a used engine
By rustyrex
#350065 That's definitely a option I will look into. I am rebuilding the car for my wife. So I don't need a ton of power plus it has to pass emission tests.
By HeikDiesel
#350080 I wouldn't see why a jdm b20 wouldn't pass emissions but I've never had to deal with that so I can't really give advice on that aspect. Plus hmotors sells LS swaps from time to time as well so if you're looking for an OEM replacement they should be able to help as well
By brandoff88
#350539 the b20b is classified as a suv/light truck engine... its not smog legal to put those types of engines in a regular car.

the old prelude has a b20a. very very different engine. also that A makes the world of difference... but even that engine wouldnt pass... cause its an old engine and you cant put an older engine in a newer car. thats not smog legal either.

I have no doubt it could pass smog in most cases, but a visual inspection can be the downfall, its hit or miss depending on the area I guess, but this is just what I have found floating around the interwebz, its all very circumstantial from what I read and everyone has their own opinion but I personally would not risk it if I had to smog/inspect my car. that's why I live in a county where we don't do smog/inspections lol.
By brandoff88
#350540 not saying it cant be done, just saying from what I have read in most cases its near impossible unless something is overlooked or you know someone lol
By rustyrex
#350562 Well I've broken the entire block down and magnafluxed everything. The crank has a million small crack and I don't want to rebuild a engine right now. So I'm turning the motor into a coffee table for my garage and the tranny will be rebuilt and stored.