B16, B18, B20
By AKindinos
#349284 Hi guys I want to put a sports injection on my b18c! Right now I'm running on a stock manifold stock throttle body aem v2 setup for the intake. upgraded headers and exhaust and remaped the stock ecu! I'm going to add the Toda spec c cams later! After that a hondata blackbox or an s300 on my current ecu! Then the sports injection! Has anyone done a sports injection on there car? I need a bit of advice!
By brandoff88
#349290 I believe your speaking about "ITB's" correct? (individual throttle bodies) like from a hyabusa motorcycle or the like?
By AKindinos
#349291 Yeah this what I mean! I wrote the same way the toda site had it
By HeikDiesel
#349300 For the money the power gains are minimal. But if that's what you want and you have the money go for it. Plenty of people have done it, most people in the states here call them "ITB's" Toda, TWM, Kinsler and a few other companies make them for Honda B series engines
By AKindinos
#349319 I heard that i can't use the ITB's with stock internals anyone know's anything about this? Do i need forged pistons etc. for ITB's?
By brandoff88
#349345 should be fine stock (internals wise) its just like bolting up a throttle body to each fuel injector, so you have 4 throttle bodies instead of 1 and I think its a custom set up with injectors and flange to replace the stock intake manifold...not 100 percent on that just from what I have seen in pics and product searches, as for tuning im not sure, im assuming since you now have 4 times as many throttle bodies its going to need some modification to work optimally.
By HeikDiesel
#349358 You can use stock internals, again your gains are going to be minimal. These use linkage to control four separate throttle bodies. Honestly not to be a dick but if you don't understand the system it's probably not the best choice. You have to run a vacuum block for sensors and they are somewhat of a pain to tune and for the average joe are not a logical modification.
By AKindinos
#349390 Today a local tuner put my brain were it should be! He stated that it won't do me any good such a high profile camshaft since the car has a stock motor! He said that the ITBs can be tuned for a daily driver but my gains will be minimal! He suggested that with a bigger throttle body and a better header i should gain a few Hp! I had ITBs on my previous car a Nissan pulsar Gti and it was running great also the sound was wonderfull!
By HeikDiesel
#349393 Sounds like you received some good advice. Good luck