B16, B18, B20
By vince72310
#348910 ok ive been doing some research and it really comes down to 3 engines i really wanna get for my 95 civic hatchback. Between the 3 there is a huge difference money wise and im talking about like almost 2grand difference. I'm still doing research on these engines but if anyone has had any of these engines can you shed some light about them such as pros/cons or opinions

the engines ive been thinking...also which tranny would be best or which one did you have on your bseries

B18C5
B18C1
B16B

PS I do plan on putting a turbo on one of them
:D
By HeikDiesel
#348915 Well long story short and just my opinion the b18c is the best option for your plans of F/I. The b16b is basically a destroked b18c which was made for a displacement limited race class. It should be at the bottom of your list IMO. For the money, the jdm b18c (non itr) is the best bang for buck capable of 400+ whp on stock internals.
By baconsauce
#348990 If you have plenty of coins on your palm when you pull out of your pocket, I'd recommended you to pick up a good condition of B18C sitting on velvet under dimmed light at store.

As long as you are planning to pay a good tuner, you'd be able to success boosting with stock internal on that amount of power with your goals.