B16, B18, B20
By ODST_EG
#347853 Ok so im getting everything within the next 4 months to get ready for my swap, however Im stumped now. Everyone does a swap DIY for it but their cars are already manual. So is there a DIY out there that does it for the auto Civic?

Since I have a 92 civic EH2 that is non vtec, should I get an EX Wiring harness(the same year) that has the Vtec already built into it? or am I better off just pinning everything like everyone else does?

so for the motor swap I have this on my list:
Integra manual cluster gauge
B series motor mounts
b18c water pump/ timing belt
P72 OBD1Manual ECU
NGK spark plugs/Wires
B series Head gasket/ valve cover gasket(Just to be safe and have them new)
B series headers

Then for the transmission swap:
B series Axles
B series shift linkage
B series clutch, flywheel
slave cylinder/ clutch pedal/ master cylinder
b series transmission mounts

Oh I plan to get my motor/transmission from a shop in Canada. motor and trans come complete with manual starter, alternator, PS pump, and all those goodies.

if im missing anything please let me know, I appreciate all the help I can get. I think one of the biggest problems will be the cluster gauge wiring cuz im going from auto to manual and from an EG to a DC. Another I think will be the wiring harness and the auto to manual swap. Anyways, Thank you ahead of time for those who help me out with this all.
By teal_dx
Since I have a 92 civic EH2 that is non vtec, should I get an EX Wiring harness(the same year) that has the Vtec already built into it? or am I better off just pinning everything like everyone else does?

It really depends on your budget to buy the harness vs. having the time/ability to run the 2 wires to the ecu yourself. A vtec engine harness goes for about $75 around here and you'll still have to run 2 wires from the shock tower to the ecu. Might as well just run the 2 wires all the way and save some $$. There's some pics here on how to connect your own wires to the sensors for vtec: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

Integra manual cluster gauge
- You can keep your stock one, or just get an ex/si cluster since it will have a tach. No need to get an integra cluster since it's not a direct fit. any 92-95 civic cluster with a tach is plug & play, the plug for the tach is already there behind the cluster. Honda made it easy for us :thumb: