B16, B18, B20
By JDMLYFE
#346952 Anyone know if eBay cam gears are good? I'm doing a head gasket change and changing all seals and gaskets in motor. I was going to do a stock boost but since I have everything apart my boys are telling me to slap some cams in. Iv always wanted the stock b16 on boost. Just something simple and fun for a DD. Any suggestions on what you doing route to go? It is a budget build but i am getting good brand name parts! I'm doing a gates timing belt and water pump etc and was wondering about the blue eBay cam gears
By Ecc0
#346962 Usual rule of thumb is don't touch eGay parts as the saying goes buy cheap buy twice, this said there are a few users on here running eBay parts with no issues.

I had actually just used the search bar to start looking up about using GSR/B18 cams on a B16 head to double check what is needed.

This would be a better route for you as from what I know and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use GSR cams, cam gears and vavle train on a B16 head with no modification and no tuning needed to the ECU (Adding a turbo you will need to get a remap)

My thoughts are Honda parts honda quality, eBay parts....... Use a bin lol
By gaige23
#346969 VMS 5 bolt cam gears get really good reviews online and I have them on my recently completed F20B swap and I haven't had any issues with slipping or timing.
By chris_barnes
#347029 Yep, VMS are good cam gears for their price. A lot of friends are still using them for 20k miles...I bought myself a pair of Edelbrock cam gears from ebay (brand new ones) which have not been in production for 10 years now...it's all a matter of searching :)
By JDMLYFE
#347039 Ok i may pick up some vms cam gears, should i just stick with stock cams?