B16, B18, B20
By Leppy
#344215 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJeWJe1ZEnY

Can anyone help me track down an idle gremlin? I recorded this today while it was warm and driven. Anything I could check or recheck would be considered and appreciated.

B18C GSR with Skunk2 IM and 66mm throttle body without fast idle thermo valve.
By KidKRYLON
#344243 It seems to be an idle screw problem. Did you adjust your idle screw when you put the tb on?
By Leppy
KidKRYLON wrote:It seems to be an idle screw problem. Did you adjust your idle screw when you put the tb on?

if by idle screw, you mean the screw below the throttle cable spring that stops the butterfly from closing all the way, yes. I've tweaked that multiple times with the same results.

If you mean something else, let me know.
By KidKRYLON
#344253 That's what I mean. The other things it could be is iacv, tps, dizzy timing, dumping fuel to compensate for the increased airflow, low radiator fluid. Does it do this all the time or just after warmed up?
By Leppy
#344254 You know, after you said that, I googled it. Apparently there's an idle adjustment screw that I knew existed and knew the location of, but left alone and forgot about...

I'm gonna adjust it today and see if that helps.
By Leppy
#344257 Apparently it's supposed to be screwed in until it's seated, then backed off one full turn. I think mine is fully seated, which might explain why it dips then rises.