B16, B18, B20
By myers503
#343438 alrighty everyone. I'm hoping to pick up my b20b in a week or two for my 94/LX. the d15b non vtec has to go. bahahahhaha. So, instead of sounding like a NOOB, I wanted to get clever.... Here it goes.

My head hurts from the Homework I have been doing on what parts I will need, decided to wait untill the engine is here and then start killing my bank account. blah blah blah, no one cares.

:x

Who has a b20b/z in their eg?? What is your setup? This way you can entertain the masses by sharing pics and information; and at the same time I will maybe come across information that will help me along the way!!

Cheers!
By JUICE
#343443 You getting it from a private party or from a JDM engine supplier? Most jdm are obd2 which will take a little more $$ when starting from scratch..
By myers503
#343449 From a supplier.
It's coming with accessories from the vehicle it was pulled from, but I am sourcing the rest either online or locally.
By myers503
#343450 I am trying to decide if an ebay on from new york (i am in oregon)will be worth it or not, the junkyards are same pice near me, for the usdm model, the only reason why i am thinking of jdm one is due to milage that is on it.
By JUICE
#343469 JDM the way to go, I've had good luck with them. I've always gone thru my local guys, Zerolift. They usually have plenty of B20's in stock ready to ship out.
By myers503
#343581 hmotorsonline can send me a jdb b20b low comp for 685 shipped// hmm.
By myers503
#343585 I talked to Steve a few days ago. That's a good quote, just gotta get my truck sold this weekend 8)
By brandoff88
#343590 I wish I woulda gone thru them, I got lucky and all the sensors that were broken when I got mine from tigerjapanese.com, I had on my spare that let a main bearing go. but the motor started up a ran and since I have tore it down and poured over it, it doesn't leak or run like shit..i had it running in my old coupe for about 15 mins before I decided to try and shave and tuck the bay lol, BUT it ran good even without the ignition timing set yet..little rich though lol
By myers503
#343692 Thanks for the help everyone. I actually got a b18b complete minus axles, half shift and trans. Picked it up for 400 bucks.