B16, B18, B20
By country_civic
#170053 three od four days if you only work for about 2 or 3 hours each day if you got a buddy or 2 that can help you can swap out a d series and swap in a b series in about 6 to 8 hours depending on if its vtec or not
By dbrooks
#181252 I'm gonna do this soon! I'm pumped :)
By Quence
#181469 me and my homeboy did it in 1 day and a half, and thats cause
we decided to stop, but yea it is a pretty easy swap to do once
you got everything you need. good post.
By Tonyp436
#217751 :twisted: where's a good place to buy a b18b from? Full swap...
By JUICE
#217752 ^^ Hmotors is the only online source that can be safely recommended. they're also close to the priciest...
By Tonyp436
#217753 Hmm thanks... I'm on a tight budget they're cutting hrs at work so things are super tight
By civic eg-k
#262496 does this also include swaping the tranny since it wasnt included in the list?? im a noob if ur asking lol
By 94EJ2
#262608 yes you must have a b series trans for a b series motor b trans are bigger than d series unless you get the conversion plate and a d to b swap should take like 3 hours thats how long it to me and i was alone
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
teal_dx wrote:true, only the 92 hatchbacks had the wiring for vtec solenoid & oil pressure sensor ran up to the passenger side shock tower. (correct me if I'm wrong) and the EX/Si had the full wiring & sensors. Any other years and you'll need to pin the wires into your ECU.

my 92 lx had it wired up to shock tower as well...it threw me off cuz when i went to the ECU to pin them in the ports were taken already...and my car was completely stock
By jadeydrag0117
#346781 could someone compare the level of difficulty between b16a2 swap and b18c into an eg
By ihavesol93
#346793 In all honesty they both are b series vtec motors, their difficulty is going to be almost identical.

If your lowered, the b18c does sit a little lower, so the endangerment to your oilpan is increased with the 18c. Really type r swaps and other swaps in eg's you can crank out in a good weekend if its your first time. Once you've done it a couple of times, about 4-8 hours for a swap is a common procedure.

If you are a dx, cx, vtec would have to be wired in, but i did it on my 88 civic sedan and it was cake, done it on tons of locals cars as well. super easy.
By b18b1egsedan
#351095 ok so I like this thread! read through it but one thing id like some one to touch base on is the power steering. I bought my car with a b18b1 already swapped into it and there is no pump or lines or reservoir... so my question is do I use Integra pump lines and reservoir or eg pump lines and reservoir? thanks in advance and if this isn't the place for this post please let me know Im new to the online fourm thing..
By Leppy
b18b1egsedan wrote:ok so I like this thread! read through it but one thing id like some one to touch base on is the power steering. I bought my car with a b18b1 already swapped into it and there is no pump or lines or reservoir... so my question is do I use Integra pump lines and reservoir or eg pump lines and reservoir? thanks in advance and if this isn't the place for this post please let me know Im new to the online fourm thing..

I can answer that. I've got a B18C swap that maintains power steering and A/C. I used all the factory power steering parts on my 92 and it's been perfect so far.
By b18b1egsedan
Leppy wrote:
b18b1egsedan wrote:ok so I like this thread! read through it but one thing id like some one to touch base on is the power steering. I bought my car with a b18b1 already swapped into it and there is no pump or lines or reservoir... so my question is do I use Integra pump lines and reservoir or eg pump lines and reservoir? thanks in advance and if this isn't the place for this post please let me know Im new to the online fourm thing..

I can answer that. I've got a B18C swap that maintains power steering and A/C. I used all the factory power steering parts on my 92 and it's been perfect so far.

Awesome thank you! I am going to the junk yard this weekend to get a pump and lines. we have lots of egs but no integras